Libera Te Tutemet

Ch.5- Libera Te Tutemet

(AN- Anyone spoiling the story at any part will have their comment deleted. Spoiling the story for other's isn't cool, and it's kinda upsetting to have to address this in the first place since it's started to appear in this book as of late. Reading the story and finding out the reveals yourself provides a much more enjoyable experience. So please don't ruin the story or the fun of reading for yourself and others by spoiling. Enjoy the read every one.)

You stifled a yawn, pausing in your trackings in an attempt to fight off the fatigue that was slowly but surely taking over your form. Having stayed up all night wandering the forest and trying to put a distance between yourself and that maniac who's items you took off of him from the kindness of your heart was at its tipping point for you.

Sooner or later you'd need to find an inn of some sorts to rest in. One with a nice fluffy bed, hopefully as fluffy as this heavenly dragon fur that was rubbing against your cheeks. It was cool to the touch and felt as if you were touching clouds. No wonder Kamuy fur was so sought after... it was literally like having a cloud on your face.

It made sense though why so many people used the excess fur from the sky dragons as clothing articles. The fluffy fur made it so they didn't feel especially hot or get sick from it, making you a bit jealous that Tineen was the only place on the continent that dragons lived.

That entire nation was holding off on so many excellent materials! Which was why you were going to make a killing at the market at the next town you came towards! Though... this cape would for sure be sticking with you for now and forever. It was too luxurious for you to give up, and you did enjoy your luxuries. Plus it had been a while since you got your last one...

You paused a moment by a stream to get a quick drink of water. It looked clean enough and with the current world situation, you doubted a little nasty water would do much harm to you. Your hands hit the cool water and you relished in the relief, sighing contentedly as you splashed it on your face and smiled happily.

You paused a moment later though, hearing the sounds of shuffling coming from behind you, the muttering of voices and... was that the sounds of a sword being unsheathed? Shaking your head you attempted to focus back on your drink.

You were sleep deprived and after the day you had in both Highar and Tineen... it made sense that you were exhausted beyond reasonable sanity. You were so on edge that you were imagining danger at this very moment.

What you didn't imagine however was the sight of something nearly hitting you, only to skid into the water before sinking down below the depths. The sounds of someone grunting behind you and making you suck down a breath.

Maybe you were not as insane as you had assumed a moment before... maybe you really had been followed. Despite your best attempts to not take a normal path and to lose the emir who would no doubt have come running and screaming after you once he pulled himself back up... it appears you were easier to find than you thought.

But there was no way in hell you were giving him his stuff back! Especially after having experienced this wonderful cape that he used to wear! This was yours now, and no grumpy dragon rider would change that! And so... you'd lose him again!

A vanishing thief was what you were after all! And no matter the setting you'd find a way to get out! You'd find a way to get what you wanted! You'd find a way to come out on top!

But right now... what you needed to do was come out alive and having lost the people who currently were trying to take a shot at you.

You took off without a second thought, not liking the feeling that had been building in your gut since you had decided to rest. Maybe it had been walking all night and your exhaustion had made you start to hallucinate this morning... but you didn't take chances.