Damnatio Memoriae

Ch.19 - Damnatio Memoriae

The room he found himself in was unknown to him. The walls adorned with various colors and symbols that were behind several chairs and a roundtable. The chairs each filled with several people who he recognized and didn't.

He wasn't sure how he got here. The last memories he had were of finally getting off that damn train and then finding an inn. Dinner had been eaten in silence and he passed out early. The goddess herself taking the smaller room, forcing him to room with the Highar bastard.

But... what happened? And where was he? Bakugou certainly didn't remember going somewhere. Especially a place like this that was very elegant and full of plenty of riches and gems.

"She's being a bit difficult again." Came his voice, but the words were not his own.

He blinked, unsure why he was speaking when he wasn't even trying to. Let alone why his words were not about where he was and what was happening.

"Perhaps we should give her some more space?" Another spoke, the image of that damn electric mercenary sitting across from him at this table.

But as Bakugou looked further, he could see that while the figure did look like Kaminari... it was in no way Kaminari. The face matched, but the scorpion tail that was resting on one of his shoulders didn't match male he knew.

"I would have assumed the tea you gave her would have settled something, Arus." The figure next to him sighed. "She's growing restless... it concerns me that our biggest problem is trying to contact her."

The figure looked like Todoroki, aside from the gills on his neck and how his hair was now entirely white instead of the usual split of red and white. He looked upset and was looking directly at him.

"Can you really blame her?" Uraraka's face was the next for him to recognize. "She's been in that room for almost five thousand years! I'd be begging to get out too!"

"But with Cerius still planning something... we can't be too sure." Deku sighed. "What do you say Taro? Any ideas?"

A woman with black hair and eyes to match shook her head. "I'm sorry... I'm afraid not even I have any brilliant ideas for this situation..."

"It's only a matter of time until her magic is strong enough to open a portal... I know we've all felt it growing, as the mortals grow in numbers... her magic will too." Kirishima spoke, looking towards a purple haired male.

"I am not going to use my magic on her... brainwashing her is something I'd rather not do to a little sister of mine." The male with tired purple eyes said.

"No one should be trying to use their gifts on Ophelia. She's our sister... and while we all know she was an accidental creation... she still has a place among us." Iida slammed his hand against the table.

"Len... while I understand your point... it's not like any of us are parents." A pink woman muttered. "Plus... I wouldn't go as far as to say we've done a good job on raising and training her either..."

"Perhaps it's time we added another chair to our table." A girl with frog-like features suggested, but it was pushed aside a moment later.

"No... she's still too young and immature to be able to make decisions for the world under us." Another female with dark black, near purple hair, spoke.

"But... if she doesn't learn from us, who will she learn from?" Todoroki spoke again. "I can't keep reminding her of how her powers work when I can't be sure myself..."