Odi Et Amo

Ch.9- Odi Et Amo

(AN- Comments are beloved and hoped for, so if you feel like it, please leave me a comment! They motivate me to continue writing, as well as continue to share my writing.)

The streets were active once more, but instead of a large and bustling afternoon in the shopping district like you had found yourself in earlier today, it was now at some small festival in the later hours. And while you had been invited to tag along with Uraraka and the three boys who were going with her, you decided to go with the first person who offered you. His promise of food and to discuss things for the following day seeming much better to you.

"Oh, you have to try these." Kaminari spoke next to you, ordering something from a food vendor.

You glanced over at your companion seeing him smiling gleefully at the old woman who was thanking him for his business. His smile wide and his eyes focused on the set of bags of food he had purchased.

When you had left to come here earlier to enjoy a final night before you embarked towards where you guessed Livtabv was, you wouldn't have guessed you'd run into the mercenary here as well.

"Sorry about that!" He smiled, holding out a bag for you. "But like I was saying, I really appreciate you hiring me as a guide on your journey."

"No jobs lately?" You asked him, watching as he rubbed his neck awkwardly.

"Yeah... I'm one of the few mercenaries who doesn't take jobs that are to kidnap or kill people... so finding work is kinda hard."

"Wouldn't it ease to go by treasure hunter or thief for hire then? Or bodyguard for hire?" You suggested to him. "I mean, you do retrieve items for clients or take them places and protect them..."

His face blanked, the idea seeming to have finally struck him for the first time. The cinnamon from the treat he was eating now falling from his lips, mouth open wide. You looked at him with slight worry, trying to see if he was okay.

"Well, crap... I'd probably get a ton more work with one of those titles..." He mumbled, running a hand through his locks in anger. "Why did I not think of that?!"

"A true Soro..." You sighed, seeing sparks of electricity come from his fingers as his emotions began to get the better of him, and thus activated his mark by accident.

Kaminari calmed down a moment later, watching as you happily popped in the cinnamon covered dough balls one after the other. His eyes seeming to shimmer with another question, and also a bit of excitement.

"I'm excited to help though!" He clapped his hands together. "I've ventured up to the border of that cursed forest... so being able to go in and possibly find something connected to my God... it's really exciting to think about!"

"I just hope it all goes according to plan."

"Oh right, you guys are trying to find a way to get life to start moving again, right?" He asked you, snapping his fingers.

"Yes..." You muttered, voice a tad bit quieter. "I suppose that is the goal that unites us all, isn't it?"

Kaminari didn't say anything afterward, a vibe of affliction crossing over his skin. And while he wasn't one to shy away from conversations... he did indeed know when to cease bringing up a topic. And it appeared this one was that sort of topic with you.

"Hey!" He called out, tone as chipper as ever. "Let's go explore the activities area! I heard you can win some money... and since we both like money and getting to win things, wanna try it?"