Chapter Eleven ~ Falling through time

The tree branches pulled at Enid's hair and scratched at her face, as though they were the guards of the Faes trying to prevent her from entering their realm

She followed the shouts of the villagers they grew louder as she drew near.

Twigs snapped beneath her shoes and sharp rocks dug into her feet as she leapt off of them and further into the forest.

If Aneurin was able to stop her from catching them, she would never be able to save her father.

Determined to get to her father in time, she kept moving, though she could no longer hear Aneurin behind her.

She stopped.

Turning her head over her shoulder to look back at the empty forest behind her.

Where was he?

"Aneurin?" She called out.

Nothing.

The trees swayed in the breeze, the birds still sang their tunes, but there was no sign of the silver-haired Fae.

Perhaps he was playing a trick on her, he had always liked his tricks. Or maybe he had decided to let her save her father.

Either way, she was still very aware of the need to get to the band of villagers before they were able to hand over her father to the Faes.

Once more, she started to run.

It was then that she caught sight of her father.

Now very much resigned to his fate.

He did not pull away or try to free himself from their grasp, he only put one foot in front of the other and caved in to their constant pushing.

If he was not going to stop them, she would.

Determined, Enid started toward her father.

"Stop, Enid! Stay there!" A small voice cried from above her.

She looked up, finding it to be a small fairy that was sat on a tree branch.

"Why?" She asked - she had no time to ask the fairy why it was sat there or how it had come to know her name.

"Aneurin has asked me to tell you that he will stop the villagers from taking your father to the Faes. He has a plan-" The little fairy hopped down from her seat to the branch below and walked along it until she was stood in front of Enid. "-He says he needs you to trust him. But you must wait here with me."

Very well.

"What does he plan to do?"

The fairy lifted a small finger to her lips, before pointing in the direction of the cave.

"Look."

From within the darkness of the cave, Aneurin appeared, coming to stand before the villagers: oozing confidence and charm.