//Prologue//

Friday, July 11, 2014

I smiled as I saw two teen boys holding hands as they walked together, and the other's red string ending as it met the tied end on the ring fingers of the hand they were holding. It was the cutest thing I had ever seen.

Maybe people don't need me to find their soulmates for them. I thought looking up at the brunette.

"You two make a cute couple," I commented, watching as both boys' faces turned pink.

"We're not a couple," the raven-haired one clarified, the brunette shaking his head furiously. "Just friends."

"Oh, that's too bad, you two'd make a great couple," I told them, "by the way, my name's Jamie."

"I'm Kai, he's Dan," the brunette replied, sheepishly looking down at his feet.

"Nice to meet you, I hope everything works out for you two," I said before walking away.

***

As I was walking back along the path I had taken earlier, I saw the same two boys from earlier sitting extremely close to each other, holding the other's hand. Then the brunette, Kai, leaned over and pecked his 'friend' on the lips.

I grinned brightly as I walked past them, hoping they wouldn't recognise me so I wouldn't interrupt their moment, though, they both seemed to be in their own little world.

They were smiling at each other, their cheeks tinged pink, and then, the raven-haired one, Dan, kissed Kai on the lips, and they looked happy then they did earlier.

Kai's head snapped up at me, "Hi Jamie! Thanks for the help!"

I turned back to look at the two, "No problem, I guess I'm just a naturally born matchmaker."

"I think he might be cupid in disguise," Dan said in a low voice, but still loud enough for me to hear him anyway.

"I get that a lot," I commented, "also, I hope you two are together forever."

"Thanks, I hope so too," Kai said.

Another match made in heaven.