Chapter 21

Bakugou's pov

Traitor... He repeated in his head. How is that possible? Why the hell would a UA student betray everyone like this? It doesn't make any sense. Bakugou growled in frustration. Why would they want Uraraka to get kidnapped? Ughh, WTF am I missing?!  He shoved his hands in his pockets and furrowed his eyebrows, letting out a loud groan of annoyance.

When Bakugou got to his house, he took a deep breath and put on a neutral face; forcing his thoughts to the back of his head.

As soon as he opened the door, he was greeted by the glorious smell of food cooking.

"Uraraka?" He called, as he walked into the kitchen. 

"Oh, hey Bakugou!" She smiled, turning away from the pot on the stove that she was mixing.

"What are you doing?"

She looked at him like he was an idiot. "Do you really need to ask?" She asked, raising one eyebrow.

He smirked, and and crossed his arms. "So I take it your legs are getting a little better?" 

"Yep, it's a little easier to use them now." she smiled, turning back to the food. 

"What are you making?" He asked, sauntering up behind Uraraka.

"Spicy Chicken Katsu Curry." She replied over her shoulder.

Bakugou's tummy grumbled and the mention of food. 

Uraraka giggled. "Do you like that?"

"Shut up." He said jokingly.

"But seriously, did you not eat anything for lunch?" 

"I wasn't really hungry..." He trailed of, rembering his conversation with the principle.

Uraraka' s POV

She looked at Bakugou from over her shoulder. Something up with him... 

She turned her head back to the food, thinking about what could be bothering him. Maybe its school stuff? Or maybe... Has he heard anything about FURY?...

She shook her head, she couldn't think these thoughts. She couldn't afford for the dreams to come back again. Those horrible dreams... she shuddered as she remembered the dreams she had when she was found. I've made so much progress, I can't let myself slip back to the old me. The me that was... weak. I'm improving, and will continue to improve, until I'm as strong as Bakugou. Except I can't use my... Never mind. 

Bakugou walked forwards more, slipping his arms around her waist and hiding his head in the crook of her head.

She jumped in surprise at his action. "W-Whats wrong Bakugou?" 

"I'm just tired." He grumbled, his warm breath tickling her neck.

"O-Oh" She squeaked, blushing bright red.

He chuckled, and let go of her. "I'm gonna go have a shower and get changed, i'll be back in a minute." 

"Okay!" She smiled, watching him walk up the stairs.

-TIME SKIP-

Uraraka loads the food onto the plates, and puts them on the place mats. 

Bakugou gets the cutlery and drinks, placing them at the table too.

They both sit and say thanks for the meal. Bakuogu takes one bite and smirks. "This is pretty good" He finishes his bite. "And spicy too! How are you eating this?"

She smiled at him, I added extra spices to yours; I know you like it super spicy!" 

Bakugou blushes slightly, but cleared his throat. "So." He says, to change the subject. "I talked to the principle today."

Uraraka looked up at him. I that whats been bothering him? Did the principle say something? "Yeah? What did he say?"

"He said that when you legs are healed, you can return to UA." He replied, expecting a happy reaction from her.

Her face went white, and she almost chocked on her food. 

"What??" She questioned, grabbing her throat. 

"Aren't you happy?" He asked confusedly. Standing up to help her.

She waved her hand, to show him that she was okay, and for him to sit back down.

"Yeah.." She looked down at her food.

"Uraraka, what is it? Are you afraid that they'll find you again? Because you'll be perfectly fine at UA, you know that right." Bakugou asked, staring at her.

"Yeah... I'm fine... Just, surprised, that's all." She said, not lifting her head.

Bakugou furrowed his eyebrows, but started to eat again. His mind, filled with possible reasons for her reaction.

After they finished dinner they cleaned up the dishes; Uraraka washing and Bakugou drying.

Bakugou was concerned after Uraraka's reaction. Maybe I should ask her if she'd feel safer with more people protecting the house? No I can't do that... But I need to know what she wants. 

He took a deep breath. " Uraraka."

"Yes?" She replied, turning to face him.

"Would you... Feel safer with more people protecting the house?" He asked cautiously.

She thought for a minute. "I think it would depend on who it was," She continued. "I wouldn't want another pro hero here, when they could be protecting civilians, but I don't think that anyone who wasn't dedicated or determined as a pro could stop a FURY villain." She replied thoughtfully, handing Bakugou another dish. 

Well that doesn't help... Do I tell Deku or not??

She passed him another plate. "Can I ask you a question?" 

Bakugou looked at her again. "Yeah, what is it?"

"If... If you ever lost what defines you and gives you the opportunity to be a great pro hero, would you give up? Would you give up your life's dream?"

Bakugou's eyes widened in confusion. What is she talking about? 

"Um... Uraraka? What are you talking about??" He asked dropping his arms to his side and stopping drying the plate.

"Uh.. Nothing. Don't worry about it." She took the plug out of the sink, dried her hands, and walked upstairs.

Well that was... Extremely weird... 

-TIME SKIP- 

Uraraka decides to get an early night sleep and goes to her room.

Bakugou puts Mitsuki's dinner in a Tupperware container and puts it in the fridge, since she won't be home until late.

He goes to his bedroom, since he ha nothing else to do, and tries to fall asleep. His brain had other thoughts though. He couldn't stop thinking about the traitor situation and weather or not to tell Deku. He tossed and turned, falling in and out of sleep. He groaned and checked the time. 9:36. Ugh... I really have to sleep if I want the energy to go to school and look for that damned traitor... Bakugou was tossing and turning somemore when he heard his door open. He turned around slowly, and breathed a sigh of relief when he saw that it was Uraraka. 

"You okay?" He asked alertly. 

"Did I wake you up?" She asked, her voice shaking like she had been crying.

"No, whats wrong?" He replied, sitting up slightly.

"I can't sleep." She sighed.

"Oh." He shuffled over a little and patted the bed. "Me neither."

The corners of her mouth tugged up and she crawled into bed next to him, snuggling into his side.

They stayed up for a while, just talking and keeping each others mind off of their worries. They eventually fell into a comfortable sleep, and held each other close.

A/N- I say this every time But i'm sorry for not posting in while!! I know that most people wont care, but my life's been a little tough lately and it's making it hard to write. I do try to write as often as I can though. Anyway, thanks for reading!