Chapter 22

Uraraka's POV

"Later" Bakugou called as he left the house to go to school.

"Bye!" Uraraka smiled as she closed the door.

When the door was closed, her face immediately dropped. She took a deep breath and slid down the door, hugging her knees and resting her head on the door.

They want to see my quirk... But its not... The same. Not as they know it. Its not mine anymore. I hate it; I hate that my only ticket to being a hero has been taken, or rather changed. It's not like I need to be a hero anymore though... My parents are dead, and with them my reason for becoming a hero. A hero without a goal lacks motivation, and a hero without motivation could never be a pro... I don't even know if I can control it anymore. The last time I tried...

  "What am I going to do?" She whispered. Burying her head into her arms.

She frowned at her words. What am I saying? I'm not this weak. I know that I can do better, I won't let history repeat itself. I'll work on my quirk, I'll make it mine again.

She raised her head, determination radiating from her. 

I can do this, I will become a pro. Not for the money; for me. 

Bakugou's POV

As Bakugou walked into class, Mr. Aizawa told him that the principle wanted to speak with him.

Bakugou grumbled and walked back out of the classroom and towards the principles office. He knocked on the door.

"Come in." The principle called.

Bakugou pushed open the door, and took his usual seat.

"Hello Bakugou, I presume you know what we are here to talk about?" 

He put his bag on the ground and turned towards the principle. "Uraraka coming back to school?"

"Yes. How are her legs?" 

"Better, she's really pushing herself."

"Not to much I hope." 

"She knows her limits, but she does want to get better." 

"Good, she's a strong young woman." The principle paused. "She's been through more than anyone should ever go through."

Bakugou avoided eye contact with the principle. 

"Is something the matter Bakugou?"

"No." He replied monotonously. He wanted to tell the principle that Uraraka reacted strangely when he mentioned that she could come back to school, but he felt that that was something that he and Uraraka had to discuss before involving other people.

"Alright, well then Bakugou i'll give you the task of preparing her for school when her legs are fully healed." 

"Right." He mumbled, standing and putting his bag over his shoulder.

"I hope to see Miss Uraraka soon." The principle added as Bakugou was leaving the room.

When Bakugou got checked the time, it was break. 

He made his way to the canteen, too deep in thought to see that there was someone in front of him until it was too late. He walked straight into another student, Bakugou frowned and looked down. There at his feet was Izuku. 

"Why the fuck are you on the floor?" He asked incredulously, staring at the boy on the floor.

He stood back up and looked at Bakugou. "You- Never mind."

Bakugou went to walk away when Izuku walked in his way again. 

"What the fuck is your problem?" Bakugou barked.

"I need to know." Izuku said determinedly.

What the fuck is he- Wait... Fucking hell not this again. I can't think about this again.

"You heard what Aizawa said." Bakugou replied through gritted teeth.

"I was her friend first Bakugou. She was one of my best friends. We worked together to get her back. Why don't you trust me?"

Bakugou tightened his fists. "Why the fuck can't you just LISTEN?! YOU DON'T THINK THAT SHE WANTS YOU?! BECAUSE YOUR WRONG DEKU. I WANT TO PROTECT HER. I WANT TO PROTECT HER SO FUCKING MUCH, THAT I DON'T WANT ANYTHING TO PUT HER IN DANGER. THAT MEANS TELLING PEOPLE!! IF THE TRA-" He stopped himself. He couldn't tell Deku about the traitor.

"No means no Deku." He lowered his voice and walked away; leaving a stunned looking Izuku standing in the middle of the hallway.

-TIME SKIP-

On the way home from school, Bakugou's thoughts were filled with Uraraka, and what to do to help her. What would he say to her when he got home? Hey um lets talk about feelings and stuff. Yeah that doesn't really sound like something I'd do, he growled to himself. I want to protect her, I know that I could protect her form harm, but I'm not good with the emotional stuff. Mum could have spoken to her, but she works really late, and gets back when everyone's asleep. The only person that she would feel comfortable talking to, would be Deku. But if by telling Deku, the traitor finds out where she is, then I would never forgive myself. I Don't think Deku is the traitor, I just don't want anyone to over hear, or in get any indication of where she is.

Uraraka's POV

"Okay." She told herself taking a deep breath. She put her arms to her sides and calmed her mind, blocking out every one of the raging and opposing thoughts that came. She relaxed her muscles, focusing on the things in the room and the gravity that surrounds her. She slowly raised her arms out to her sides and as her arms raised, so did everything in the room; The coach, the TV, every picture on the mantle and the walls, the coffee table, the coasters even the coach pillows began to raise. She focused until she could feel that she was manipulating the gravity of everything in the room. Without touching anything she had activated her quirk, lifting everything into the air; including herself. As she floated there, arms raised out to the sides, she slowly opened her eyes. Her eyes scanned the room, flitting from one levitating item to another; until her eyes landed on the open door. There stood a very stunned Bakugou, stood frozen, staring at the levitating Uraraka. 

"U-Uraraka?..." 

A/n- Thank you for reading! You guys are some of my favourite people, I really love reading your comments. I crack up every time! You guys are honestly amazing and I couldn't have asked for better readers! Love you all!