- 25. -

Max's point of view

   The ride was quiet.

   I was too far deep into my thoughts to even try and start a conversation. I mean, Alex is a guy, does that mean I like guys? Maybe I like the idea of him as a her.

   "Trank you for not sending my ass back to America." He finally speaks up from the passenger's seat.

   I simply nod, still focusing on the road.

   This whole situation is so weird and uncomfortable, it almost feels as if Alex has kidnapped me and I'm not able to escape.

   When we finally make it to his hotel we head to his room, the number 73 hangs just above the door.

   "Talk." I manage to say once we are both seated on the bed, keeping a safe distance.

   "What do you want me to say?" He asks me.

   "Oh, I don't know, maybe why you are a male?"

   "That's quite easy to answer, I have a dick and..."

   "Don't mess with me, for God's sake." I sigh and he chuckles.

   "I'm just trying to lighten up the mood, you're too serious."

   "Like hell I am! Fuck you lied to me for months, you made me fall in love with you. I'm straight, dude, and I fell in love with a girl that doesn't exists."

   "Oh so that's what this all is about." He says. "You are scared."

   "What?"

   "You are scared of dating a boy, that's it."

   "First of all, you know nothing about my love life, second of all, can we just focus this conversation on the actual topic? Please?"

   After a few silent seconds, Alex nods and I sigh.

   "What's your real name?" I ask him.

   "Alexander, and believe me, I haven't lied to you about anything else other than my name and gender." He promises.

   Should I really believe him?

   "Okay." I whisper.

   "I'm so sorry, Max. I really am, that's the main reason why I came here, to tell you that I'm the biggest idiot on Earth."

   "Well yeah, you kinda are." I joke and he chuckles.

   We remain silent for a bit, just staring at each other, getting used to our appearances and examinating every detail.

   "So." He finally speaks up. "Now that you know the truth, do you want me to come back?"

   I would have loved to say yes, that way this problem would be over. But I find myself saying the opposite.

   "No."