- 56. -

Alex's point of view

Don't you even just look at someone and feel a certain tightening feeling on your stomach? Almost as if you couldn't handle the amount of love you are able to radiate towards them.

I never thought I'd be feeling this ever in my life, and yet here I am. Here we are.

"What are you thinking about?" Max asks me, a curious gaze present in his eyes.

"Just us" I smile at him, kissing sweetly on the cheek. "And you should focus on that paper instead of me"

"It's hard when you are sitting here being all handsome and stuff" He tries to tease me but I don't fall for it. At this point, I could say I am able to control myself around him. Well, at least the 60% of the time.

"Finish that up, and we can watch a movie later, sounds good?" I tell him and he nods.

"You better cook dinner too" He jokes and I hit his arm lightly.

"I'm not your maid"

"Oh but you could be"

"Just shut up before I leave" I chuckle and he rolls his eyes on a playful manner before actually focusing on his laptop screen.

In the meantime, I just stare at him. To this day, it still amazes me how lucky I got when I found him. Who would've thought that an online friendship (based on my pityful lie, I might add) would led us to where we are today.

"I love you, you know?" I tell him out of the blue.

"I thought you wanted me to focus" He raises an eyebrow in my direction but smiles cutely right after. "I love you too, idiot. But why say it so suddenly?"

"I just felt like reminding you"

"You're so cute" He lets out before ruffling my hair. "Let's go cook dinner, I can finish this later"

"You sure?"

"Yeah, quality time with the love of my life is much more important"

We smile and I lean in to kiss him.

You will forever be my dearest love, Maxie

—————— THE END

Alright, first of all I'm so sorry for literally postponing this chapter for months.

Thank you so much to everyone that sticked around from the beginning, and to every single one of you that just took the time to read this book.

It will be edited in the future tho, so don't worry about my poor English back in the first chapters, I've gotten better lol.

Finally saying goodbye to Alex and Max, and it feels bittersweet.

Anyways, thank you so much once again, hope you enjoyed the ride 💙