- 54. -

Alex's point of view.

I finally made it home.

In the elevator I made sure that I wasn't bleeding, but I noticed a bruise on the left side of my jaw. My stomach kinda hurts too.

"Max?" I call out his name while I leave my backpack in the couch.

As I get no answer I go to our room, just to find him fast asleep on the bed, soft snores filling up the air.

He's so cute when he sleeps.

I take off my shoes and take a blanket to cover him up, but when I do so, he fidgets a bit and grabs my hand.

"Come cuddle" Max whispers without opening his eyes.

"I'm gonna have a shower, baby"

"That can wait"

I smile at his words and decide to just lay down for a bit. As soon as my body hits the mattress, Max makes sure to hug me and to bury his head in the crook of my neck.

"How was your morning?" I ask him, my hand rubbing little circles in the small of his back.

"Boring without you here" He admits. "I painted my nails though"

"Really?" I lift one of his hands to my eye level and I let a soft smile spread across my face. "That's pretty"

"You use it all the time"

"Well yeah, but it looks better on you"

After a few seconds of silence, Max props himself up a bit to look at me, and then's when his eyes widden in shock.

"Are you okay?" He asks as his hand gently touches my jaw. "What happened?"

"Don't worry about it, it's nothing"

"Alex, what happend?" He insists and I sigh.

"Just a homophobic douche"

"He hit you" Max says in realization and I nod.

"But it really is nothing, I swear, I'm fine"

The look on Max's face is something I've never seen on him. He looks so worried, yet terrified.

"I can't do this" He suddenly says and he climbs off bed, heading out of their room.

"Max?"

Max's point of view.

Everything is messed up. First I get bullied because I have two moms, then people at college stare at us in the hallways probably thinking the most hateful things, and now my boyfriend gets hit in the face?

Is this really what we get for being happy?

"Baby what's wrong?" Alex's voice asks behind my back and I just break down facing the other way. "Hey, don't cry"

Then I feel his arms wrapping themselves around me from behind and him leaving little kisses on my head.

"I-I just..." I trail off. "I've been really uneasy these past few days. It feels like everyone is judging me, judging us. And now this happens and I don't know how to deal with it"

"What do you mean?"

I turn around in his arms to face him.

"At school, it just doesn't feel good to hold your hand or kiss you because everyone looks at us with a questioning face"

"If I'm honest with you, I've never noticed that before" Alex says and he wipes away the tears from my cheeks.

"I must be crazy then"

"No, you're not crazy" He assures me with a kiss in the forehead. "It's okay to have insecurities and fears, specially after what happened to you in highschool"

"I just want us to be a normal couple"

"We are a normal couple, Maxie"

Then I hug him. Tight.

"Does it hurt?" I ask him in a small voice, refering to his bruise.

"Not as much as seeing you cry"

"I'm sorry"

"Don't be, you needed to let it all out"

And I did. But right now, I just need him to hug all my bad thoughts away.

▶...........................◀

Hi guys

So some of you have told me that you don't know where this story is going. And the thing is, the only thing I wanted to achieve with these few new chapters was show you how much Max and Alex mean to each other.

Nowadays is so common to make friends online, I even have a couple myself that I've kept close to my heart for years. And sometimes, couples meet online too.

An online relationship is as good or even better than one irl, either if it's a friendship or a romantic one.

With that being said, I also wanted to show a bit of Max's struggle with his insecurities and his past. That's why the whole feeling anxious at college was mentioned. And then I just used Alex to show that homophobia is still very present out there, even if some people say it's not a thing to worry about anymore.

And after this long ass author note I better leave before y'all hate me for making this too long lmao.

I'll see you next time.