Idol/Celebrity Storylines

So...we've all have our favorite celebrity.What do you do when they show up in the story line? Well it depends on what show you're talking about. In most crime dramas it ranges from keeping everything on the down low or every headline across the country is following the case. In most animes its a filler episode, unless it's Compulsive Gambler then they're one of the bosses you have to face. There are comic book characters who are heroes at night and some sort of celebrity during the day.

With most crime dramas I've watched (Law and Order :SVU being the main one) they are either the victims, related to the victim in some way, or the bad guy....or both the victim and the bad guy...let me explain. Special Victims Unit did an episode based on Rihanna's and Chris Brown's relation, though it ended way darker than many hoped. The idol was both the victim and bad guy. There was another episode in an earlier season where the victim was the daughter of a singer, however there was no closer. 

Moving on, they don't necessarily need to be famous, they can be rich enough to the point their 8th great-great something or another is set for life. This can be tricky to deal with because scandals, pay offs, and people disappearing and/or changing stories. Just look at Trump...not apologizing. Now you can parody a celebrity, and trust me it's a great tool. 

Jumping to anime, there has been quite a few to name.  Yumemi Yumemite of Compulsive Gambler, is a member of Hyakkao Academy's Student Council and is an incredibly popular idol singer who joined the school in order to get connections to help her achieve her dream of becoming an A-list Hollywood actress.

Dazzler from the X-Men ,after a long period of effective non-existence in the Marvel Universe, now serves as an in-universe spokesperson for the team thanks to her celebrity status as a former disco/pop/trance sensation.

Vixen from Justice League is a model/designer. I'm not sure which, it could very well be both. 

SO why are they almost always teens. I've seen very few adult celebrities in anime and most other shows I've watched( excluding SVU). Well...look at Disney and Nickelodeon. Most of their child actors all have to take singing lessons so they can cash in on more products.Outside of Japan, the All Grown Up! version of Susie Carmichael is close enough to this trope. She's not actually famous though, just an aspiring singer.

Splatoon has the Squid Sisters, Callie and Marie. Being very popular with the young Inklings, they host the Inkopolis News sections and Splatfest online events.

So how does on write an idol or celebrity. Well, pull from real life celebrities and idols. Why are they famous? Combine your favorite celebrities and go from there. Are they a diva or humble? Do they have some sort of scandal every other week to stay relevant or do they stay out of the press ? Did they work hard to get where they are or was it just handed to them? This is the important stuff people. Also if it's a brief, only here for a few scenes type of situation, just go into how they are famous and how they are relevant to the current plot.