Dempsey X Emotionless! Reader

Takes place in Origins.
—————————————————
It could of been fate that you met the four men.  You thought of it as luck; nothing more, nothing less.  All four of them had exhibited signs of a crush on you as you all grew closer as a team.

You felt nothing.

It wasn't that you refused to feel anything, you just couldn't.  After seeing your family ripped to shreds in front of you, something snapped.  You became cold, unmoving.  All four men tried to help you feel those feelings again, but only one had even gotten close...Tank Dempsey.

The marine had been your best friend since you were both children and watched as you changed.  He wished that he had told you his feelings sooner, but was afraid you wouldn't return them.  Seeing you this way constantly broke his heart.

At the present time, you had gone out to find supplies alone when a horde surrounded you.  They were easily taken care of, but one had left a deep gash on your side when it snuck up behind you.  The pain coursed through your side and you collapsed onto the muddy ground.

"(Y/N)!  (Y/N)!" you heard Dempsey shout your name.  Your eyelids fluttered shut for a moment, but you opened them again.  You had to stay awake.

Dempsey ran around the corner and gasped, rushing to pull you into his arms.  "T-Tank, what's wrong?" you asked quietly as you fought to remain conscious.

"What's wrong?  You're bleeding!  We gotta get you to Richtofen!" he exclaimed and grabbed your bag before running to the first bunker where they found Richtofen.

Something struck your heart at that point.  It beat a little quicker for the first time in years and a foreign emotion broke through the thick, icy layers coating it.  Something about those worried, ice blue eyes made your heart flutter gently.  What was this feeling?  Why were you feeling?  You had shut down completely all those years ago, so how were you feeling again?

Your eyelids were slowly drooping and Dempsey shook you lightly as he ran.  "You gotta stay awake until the Doc says you can sleep," he informed, biting his lip in worry.  A nod of the head let the marine know you understood.

Dempsey finally arrived and Richtofen took you, immediately working to clean and stitch the wound. About half way through stitching you up is when you passed out from blood loss, unable to remain awake any longer.

During the days you were unconscious, Dempsey stayed by your side. At night, he slept fitfully with you in his embrace. The other three were growing worried for Dempsey since he hardly ate or slept. Richtofen assured you would wake within a few days, but Dempsey still worried that you wouldn't.

As this all went on, you remained asleep and began piecing things together. Dempsey had finally broken through to your cold heart and worked on warming it again. A smile surfaced on your lips at the thought of the marine, catching Dempsey's attention. He gazed at the smile, softly smiling himself, happy that you were finally beginning to feel again.

Your hand twitched and a quiet groan escaped. Dempsey held your hand as your eyes fluttered open. The pain in your side reminded you of what happened all too quickly. "How long was I out?" you asked.

"Almost a week," he replied. "I was worried about you." He gently pulled you onto his lap, burying his head into your hair. You turned in his arms and hesitantly wrapped your arms around his neck.

The two of you just sat like that for the longest time, which was only a few minutes, before he pulled away a few inches and gazed into your (e/c) orbs.  His hand cupped your cheek, rubbing his thumb along the bone as you both leaned in.  Your lips connected in a sweet, tender kiss.  You smiled into the kiss and closed your eyes.

When you pulled away for air, a very light blush had dusted your cheeks, making Dempsey grin at the thought he made you blush.  He held your hand, intertwining your fingers as you gazed into each other's eyes.

Cat calls and wolf whistles sounded behind you, making the two of you turn to see the other three smiling and teasing.  You buried your head into Dempsey's chest in embarrassment.

Perhaps emotions weren't so bad after all.