His lips

"S-she is my Mother."

-

Jungkook's eyes popped out of their sockets.

"W-what?" he asked bewildered

"Are you sure? I mean it could have been-" he stopped once you looked up at him.

Your eyes were glossy.

"P-please leave," you whispered. You knew that any minute now, the dam you had built to hold back your emotions is going to burst. The last thing you wanted right now was for Jungkook -out of all people- to see your weak side.

Jungkook didn't leave. This made you frustrated. You powerlessly shoved against the boy's chest in desperate attempts to push him away. He didn't budge.

"Please," you tried one last time.

The boy still didn't leave, instead, he pulled you into his chest and wrapped his arms around you.

That was it. The dam had broke.

A small stream of tears burst through your eyes. Your bottom lip quivered as you silently sobbed into Jungkook's chest. Crying in front of Jungkook was the last thing you had imagined you would do, but here you are, having a mental break-down as the said boy comforted you.

As you cried Jungkook didn't say anything. He didn't whisper words of comfort into your ear like: it's okay, everything is okay. He just embraced you tightly as you wept away. You were thankful for this; If the boy had decided to say such words, it would have probably broken you even more because you knew one thing for sure; everything was NOT okay.

After what seemed like decades of endless tears, you finally lifted your head up to look at him.

The boy found the sight in front of him adorable, to say the least. Your cheeks were slightly pink and your nose had turned a shade of red. Your eyelashes stood out prominently as the wetness of your tears straightened them up. Your eyes glistened under the dominating moonlight.

You looked down once again. You hated the fact that he saw you like this; all weak and pathetic. You knew he probably pitied you right now, everyone did.

"Don't pity me," you croaked, your throat still tight from crying.

"Who said I'm pitying you?" Jungkook asked softly.

You shrugged your shoulders.

"But hey, are you sure that that was your mother?" Jungkook started. "It could have been someone that was similar to her, y'know. And you haven't seen her in so long so maybe you got mixed up."

You looked back up at him. You held a firmer gaze this time.

"Do you think that I could ever forget?" you started. "THOSE were the eyes that held a loving gaze everytime they saw me, THOSE were the eyes that I would search for whenever I was lost, THOSE were the eyes that teared up along with mine when I was having a bad day, THOSE- those were the eyes that told me to keep going, even when I wanted to give up, do you really think I could ever forget those eyes?"

"Even when they mean so much to me."

Jungkook knew now that this woman was your mother. The certainty in your face and the affirmativeness in your words. He just knew.

"You should go talk to her," Jungkook suggested knowing that this was the best thing to do.

You scoffed. "Talk to her?" you started. "It's bad to talk to strangers, don't you think." Bitterness was laced in your tone, however, every word you spoke pierced your heart into pieces.