The Door

"Chipmunk."

-

"That's me," you speak to your brother in a cheerful voice.

There's a silence from the other end of the line.

"How are you," Jin speaks up again, in a softer tone.

"No time for that, we have some important business to sort out," you say cheekily.

Jin scoffs, "well I'm sorry for worrying about the well-being of my little sister."

You laugh, it honestly felt so good to hear his voice again, even though it had only been a few days since you arrived.

"Hey," Jungkook speaks into the earpiece.

"Ahhh, Kookie, how are you?" Jin asks.

You let out a strangled laugh at the nickname.

Jungkook glares at you before speaking, " I'm good." He states.

"Hi, good, I'm Seokjin," Jin wheezes at his own joke.

"Ow fu-" some shuffling noises are heard through the earpiece before the low voice of your second brother is heard.

"Okay you two, I have connected our server to the security cameras you set up across the house, we will inform you if something is about to happen," Suga informs.

"GIVE THAT TO ME YOU MIDGET," you roll your eyes at Jin's loud voice that is heard screaming from the other end of the line.

"Okay, we shall get started," you state.

"Okay, proceed mission," Suga says in a calm voice.

Jungkook starts to walk over towards the staircase but you grab his arm.

He looks back at you with a confused expression.

"Ah, before we start we have to do something," you state quietly in hopes that your brothers won't hear you.

Jungkook perks his eyebrow. "We um," you struggle to keep quiet whilst also subtly trying to inform Jungkook of your plan.

"WHAT IS IT?" the voice of your eldest brother is heard through the line.

You sigh in defeat.

Your voice is soft yet audible as you speak, "we have to go find, mum."

Silence is once again heard from the other end of the line. Only the slightly ragged breathing of the two older males linger as an indication that they are still there.

"What did you say," Suga asks in an almost inaudible voice.

You take a deep breath before speaking, "mum is not dead."

A pulse of static hits your ears indicating that something happened to the other ear-piece.

You wait for a response. The seconds slowly go by. 1, 2, 3, 4-

"Chipmunk," Jin's voice is soft, almost comforting as he speaks. "I-I'm so sorry, I shouldn't have sent you on the mission knowing what happened there."

You sigh, you already knew they will think that you're crazy.

"H-hey but it's okay, do you wanna talk about her, m-maybe to get your mind off it?" He speaks gently as if approaching a baby.

"I'm not delusional," you snap.

"It's your fault, your the one who said she should go on this mission," Suga states to the elder.