Part 12

You couldn't stop pacing around. You still didn't know what to do. You were very worried. What if you took the wrong decision. Without thinking you took out your phone and dialed the first person in your contacts. Your eyes widened as you realized what you just did.

"Hello?" The person on the other side of the phone answered.

"Heyyyy" You responded dragging on the "y".

"You know you shouldn't be calling me since we both are at work. You know the risks in doing so." He wasn't mad but there was a worried tone in his voice.

You sigh, "I know... It's just I need help on something. I'm really conflicted and I don't know what to do. I don't want to make the wrong choice and certainly, don't want to upset you."

"Okay, make it quick though so neither one of us gets caught. That's the last thing we need to worry about." His voice was now anxious.

"So basically, please don't get mad but, Jonah asked me out on a date. I didn't say yes but I didn't say no. I told him I would let him know-" You were going to continue but he caught you off thinking you were finished. "Oh, that's not-" He started but you caught him off.

"Tyler I'm not finished. Zach, he also asked me out but I said no because well he is a bit young. The thing is I don't know what to say to Jonah now because I said no to Zach. The only reason I'm considering this is that no one can find out about us so this will make sure that that doesn't happen." After you finished ranting the last couple of events that have happened to you-you're a bit out of breath.

"Hm... Don't do it. I would get too jealous of you two every time I were to see you with him." He didn't seem angry which was a relief.

"You make a good point. I mean I wouldn't want to see you with anybody else." You heard a chuckle on the other side of the phone.

"Is that all you needed?" He had that anxious tone once again in his voice. You nodded your head forgetting he can't see you. You were going to respond yes when something came into mind.

"There is one more thing. When can I see you again?" You knew he was going to say sometime next week because it's the first week of your new job but his answer surprised you.

"Meet me in the east wing in 10 minutes." As he said that he hung up. Your heart started to beat a bit faster. You were really excited to see him again. You hadn't seen him in a while because of his job. So it will be so nice to see him again. As you put your phone in your pocket you start to walk towards the east wing hoping not to get caught.

[word count: 500]