Chapter 6

"I think he's dead."

"He's not dead you idiot. He's just... immobile."

"A coma!"

"It's a h-hangover."

I groan my aggravation at the voices that were bombarding my already-pounding head.

"It's alive!"

"Get out of my room." I say, grinding each word out of clenched teeth.

"It speaks."
I snap my eyes open enraged, not at all surprised to find the source of the voice to be Hagen.

I shut my eyes when the aggressive sunlight attacks my fragile irises, barely catching a glimpse of the positions of my siblings around my bed.

"What time did you get in last night?" Josey asks gently, knowing that I wasn't the nicest when I was hungover.

"I don't know, now leave." I instruct, knowing full well they wouldn't listen.

"Why is Samantha knocked out on the kitchen island?" Hagen asks with a nervous chuckle.

"I don't know." I grind out once more. "Don't you guys have school or some shit?"

"It's summer." They say all at once making my head ring in pain.

"A-Are you still taking u-u-us out today?" Peter asks and silence falls after him as they await my reply.

Take them out?
I was supposed to take them out? When the fuck did I agree to that?

------convient flashback------

"Hey, adopted one, there's a new arcade that opened up in the mall." Damon announces, walking into the kitchen with the rest of our siblings following. "Can you take us or what?"

"A- the fact that I'm adopted means that I'm the only child we know for sure was wanted." I reply with a smirk. "B- don't you drive?"

"My license got suspended." He says nonchalantly and I stare at him for a second to make sure I heard him right. "Yes or no?"

"Sure. Day?"

"Next Sunday." He replies and I nod.

In between the sounds of sizzling breakfast, I could hear Hagen calling out to our parents.

"Dad, did you want me?!"

-----end of convient flashback------

Fuck.

"Can't do it." I mumble before rolling over and stuffing my head under my pillow.

"You promised." Hagen whines and I chuck said pillow in his direction.

"I didn't promise shit," I say into my bedsheets. "I said sure."
They all begin to groan so loudly I swore my eardrums ripped open.

"Levi." Josey drones, shaking me violently which only resulted in me quickly kicking her off of me and onto the floor.

The room is silent after her thud and I let out a breath, grateful for the numbing silence that fills the air. Almost instantly, I find myself fading back to sleep.

"Levi!"
A series of voices whine together and I swear I popped a vein at it. I sit up angrily, turning around with flaming eyes as I pull myself out of my bed.

"Fine! Fine!" I shout despite my abusive headache. "I'll take you all to the fucking arcade! Happy?! But I swear to Goddess, if you guys make a sound on the way there, I'll crash the car and kill us all!"