Chapter 40

Warning: The following programme contains scenes of extreme smut and may make you soaked. (Yes - this is my sex warning)

---------

Jayson's P.O.V

I close my eyes and release a shaky breath the minute Levi closes the door behind us once we've entered our familiar space I'd come to know as home.

Today had possibly been the most stressful day of my entire life.

I wanted nothing more than to slump down onto the floor before me and fall asleep for at least five days. If I was being completely honest with myself, I wasn't entirely sure I could make it to our bedroom without crashing.

Levi intertwines out fingers and lead us to the kitchen where he switches on the light while I slide onto one of the kitchen stools. His fixes us two glasses of cold water just as Caspar walks into the room.

I look down at him with amusement, laughingly slightly at how he looked at us lazily as if our entrance had woken him. I could almost imagine him with a sleeping mask, that's how domesticated the jungle cat was.

He seems to have a conversation with Levi before he moves towards me, licking my leg and rubbing his coat against me in a loving gesture before he settles at my feet.

"He said he had a great day sleeping and eating in peace and quiet." Levi informs placing the glass inform of over the counter before sipping at his own.

"Lucky cat." I mumble as I recall the less than peaceful or quiet day we just had. 

After Levi's parents and I came up with a plan of action, the day continued as smoothly as it possibly could.
The family gathered in the kitchen to help Julian and Peter cook dinner. I was switched from pasta duty to chopping duty to salad duty before the family seemed to realise I had no idea how to cook anything. I was then tasked with the job of 'setting the table', something I found relatively challenging but I didn't voice those thoughts.

I then watched as the family crowded the kitchen, laughing and fighting as they prepared a meal that greater resembled a feast than a dinner.
Peter and Julian spearheaded the operation, with Peter whispering to his father anything that needed to be done which Julian would then shout out for the team.

Aiden did whatever he was told with obnoxious protest which I was learning was quite common for him, but he always did it well in the end. Josey helped as well, placed and excelling at seasoning duty, although she focused more of her attention of ripping everyone apart with insults. Levi was quiet, laughing to himself as he did whatever tasks were assigned him and every now and again checking up on me. Hagen, the little monkey, ate every little thing his sticky, greedy fingers could grab and Damon was not surprisingly amazing with the knife when it came to slicing and dicing literally anything.

I watched with a warm heart as I witnessed the family in action, working the way Levi often told me they did. They were a unit, a dysfunctional yet alluring unit that I found myself wanting to be a part of.

But the site of them also sprouted jealousy deep within, small pieces of resentment I had to push away as memories of my sister Alison and my father came crashing in. Blurred images of the time we spent together in innocent happiness like I was witnessing now. An almost forgotten recollection of having fun like this and further ones which lied deep within of them including my mother before she passed.

I missed them terribly and moments like the ones I experienced today reminded me just how much I truly did. I wanted to relive the way we used to fight, Alison and I, particularly whenever I watched Hagen and Josey do the same. I mourned the way our father would shout for us to behave before he'd join in whatever mischievous activities we'd gotten up to. I missed every detail about them my mind allowed me to recall.