Chapter 37

Picture of Jayson up above *drools*

Warning: Following contains scenes some may find disturbing. (This is not my sex warning loooooool.)

Jayson's P.O.V

Pandemonium.

It was the first word which entered my mind to describe what just occurred and what all the men around me appeared to be feeling.

I look down at my mate. My chest constricting painfully at what I find.
His eyes are red and puffy, wet with shame and his head kept hung low. His grip on my fingers was cutting off my blood circulation but I let it be, he needed something to hold onto right now.

I wanted to make it all go away. Every emotion which was bubbling through him which wasn't happiness. The pain, the guilt and the shame, but this unfortunately was one matter I couldn't fix. No matter how badly every fiber of my being wanted to. 

I give his hand a small squeeze which he reciprocates but he doesn't raise his head to look at me. I didn't expect him to but it still stung a little.

I glance behind me to find the witch Katerina trailing far behind us looking completely winded and ready to pass out. She stopped to lean against a tree, panting heavily while choking out something about meeting us there.

The words feel on deaf ears.

What a complete shitshow - Roger comments and I nod discreetly in agreement.

I glance up at the other two in the group. My eyes trail attentively behind the broad, tense back of the larger alpha who lead the way through the pack lands. He was advancing with a purpose that seemed to stem from both his eagerness to confront Reon and distance himself as much as possible from the lot of us.

His mate wasn't having it. Julian was trying desperately to talk to Aiden in hopes of reconciliation or at the very least, a conversation of some sort. Yet his mate remained eerily silent with ablaze eyes, his steps never faltering.
Despite the almost visible anger radiating off of Aiden, his mate was not ready to give up, keeping up with the large, fast steps of his mate who looked ready to bolt.

I reflect momentarily on the events which took place earlier. The results nothing that laid anywhere in the spectrum of possibilities I had compiled in preparation to meet Levi's father. A result I think none of us anticipated in any shape or form and it showed quite clearly by the silence which hung heavily above the most affected.

Despite it all, I liked Aiden.

He was nothing like I imagined he would be, but yet, somehow he was embodied every detail I was told about him.

He radiated the strength of an alpha opposite but equal to his mate. His presence alone demanding respect in a form I hadn't witnessed before while he wielded authority with an unwavering grip. Qualities I found myself admiring in the short time I spent close to him.

You are insane if any part of you favours that crackhead - Roger comments with a huff making me roll my eyes.

Shut it - I warn, but when did Roger ever listen to anyone other than himself.

He's fucking insane Jayson and kind of scary - Roger adds maliciously.

He's Levi's dad.

Well Levi's dad is a ticking time bomb and you, your royal dumbass, are the damn match - He replies in aspiration. Do me a favor and never push me forth when he's around, I'm cool with dying silently in the background.