Chapter 30

Song: Nightsky by Tracy Chattaway

I could feel it seeping from me. Ever so slowly, ever so gently.... I could feel it me leaving me.

Life.

It bled from my open wounds, gushing out like the ichor that remained...

I was dying.

Dying. Almost a stagnant process, a perfectly painful process. It tormented every piece of me with an unforgiving fury that left me here to endure to.

Left me here to face it. 

So here I laid, ever so still, ever so broken, ever so ashamed...

He was gone now. His cries and screams no where to be found, the scent of his blood fading as the remaining splotches of it dried above the dust.

He was gone.

I promised him we wouldn't separate. Promised him we'd stay together, that I wouldn't leave him alone.

I lied.

The thought alone tried to end me right then and there, but he wasn't having it. He wouldn't let me go, even though I already let myself go.

We are not dying here.

He was still fighting, my wolf. He didn't feel what I felt, the emotional pain he did but not the physical. He didn't feel the agony that kept me bolted to the floor where my eyes remained stuck to the expanse of trees that laid adjacent to me, beyond the opening of the cave.

We are not leaving him!

I didn't want to leave him.
I didn't want to leave him alone in this world.
I didn't want to leave him alone, without me.

I promised I wouldn't and I knew I couldn't, but my body argued differently. It argued that we could and that we would, in time, when he gave up too.

I will never give up.

I can't move...

I know you're hurt and I know you gave it your all, but just a little more. Just a little longer...

It hurts.

I know Jayson, I know.

I miss them....

Me too.... but there gone Jayson. Th-

Maybe it's time that I went too.

No.

I'm so tired...

Jayson.

Everything hurts...

Jayson!

Everything.

...forgive me

-----------

I leapt over a fallen oak, letting my legs take me further and faster than ever before.