School Days

"Dude, you look tired." Kaminari said the moment Kirishima walked into class the next morning. 

"I was up late."

"Did you study for the test?" Sero asked. 

"No...oh shit. I forgot about it." Kirishima slumped down in his seat. "I'm going to fail."

"Dude..." Kaminari winced. "At least you won't be alone in summer school. I fell asleep early last night and didn't study either." 

"You never study anyway. I have no idea how you pass."

"Luck." 

"Where's Mina, anyway?" Sero wondered.

"She texted me a picture of a cat at, like, three in the morning, so she probably slept in." Kaminari said. 

"Can I see the cat? Do you still have it?!" Kirishima asked.

"It was making a weird face. I'll send it to you after class." 

"You're a good friend."

The classroom door opened again and Kirishima looked up at who had arrived. 

"Your man's here, Kiri." Sero teased.

"Shut up!" Kirishima buried his face in his arms, hiding its red hue. "He might hear." 

Bakugou didn't seem to have heard the conversation. He stuffed his hands in the pocket and dropped into his seat in the back of the classroom. 

"I do not know what you see in him." Sero said, getting out his pencils and calculator for the test. 

"I don't want to talk about it." Kirishima had had a crush on Bakugou since he transferred into this school at the beginning of the year. There was just something about him that had triggered a major gay awakening. Unfortunately, his friends were the type to tease, which meant he would never live this crush down. 

"You're still taking me to the dance this friday, though, aren't you?" 

"Yes, Sero. I can't leave a bro without a date." 

"I don't have a date!" Kaminari whined. 

"Then ask Jirou out." Kirishima leaned back in his chair. 

"Nonononono!!!" 

"Do it, you coward." 

"I'll just go with Mina." 

"Mina's gonna say no and then I'm gonna have to slow dance with both of you." Kirishima sighed. 

"What am I saying no to?" Mina entered the classroom, eyes not leaving her phone. 

"Please go to the dance with me!" Kaminari begged. 

"Uh...No. You know I only go to dances for the dancing." 

"Awww come on!! Please!!!" Kaminari crawled out of his chair, getting on his knees to beg harder. 

"No. Ask Jirou." 

"Not you too!!" 

"Quiet. Everybody get in your seats. Class is starting." Their teacher, Aizawa entered the classroom, eyeing Kaminari with a face filled to the brim with judgement. 

"This test is going to be awful." Kirishima whispered to his friends.

"Maybe next time you'll study." 

"Ugh." 

The conversation ended when Aizawa set the tests down on the table. Kirishima was already wishing he could shave his head. His hair was getting long and he kept it down in school to distance himself from his hero identity and to hide the scar on his eye, but it was a pain sometimes. 

"You have one hour to finish starting now. Good luck." 

Kirishima sighed, picking up his pencil. He was going to need a lot more than luck. 

I told myself that I could only watch the new episode of Free! if I finished this chapter.