After Class

"I just don't understand how we all view Johnny as the villain when his father won't let him eat. He's starving. This is an act of desperation." Kaminari ranted.

"He was eating sugar at three in the morning, dude. That's not healthy. Clearly he is in the wrong." Sero argued.

"Okay, but what about when he was eating breakfast, like he was supposed to and his father scolded him for it."

"He didn't have to lie about it."

"The repercussions for being caught eating could have been worse. He was clearly being defensive."

"What's your opinion on this?" Kaminari turned to Kirishima, who had been quietly eating his lunch up until then.

"I don't know...I'm still hung up on why Johnny sleeps with an ice cream monster. It calls the mother 'mama' so I'm going to assume that it's Johnny's brother, which opens the door to a whole new set of questions."

"The whole shabang is an ethical dilemma." Mina butted in. "Not letting your children eat, holding a sentient fridge captive, breaking the rules. It's a complete mess."

"Hi, uh...sorry to eavesdrop, but what the HELL are you guys talking about?" Todoroki, who had been quietly eating at the end of the table, raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"This is an ethical debate using animated storytelling as a base." Sero explained.

"It's a meme." Kaminari stated.

"Yeah. It's a meme." Kirishima confirmed.

"I really don't understand you guys."

"Neither do we. That's kind of our thing."

"So...about this dance thing..." Kaminari leaned back in his chair.

"Have you decided to ask Jirou out?" Kirishima smirked.

"No! But I was thinking..." The blond steepled his fingers, "why don't you ask Bakugou out and then I'll go with Sero."

"Haha as if! I'm not going to the dance with you!" Sero laughed.

"Pleeeease!"

"Nah, man. Kiri's been my dance date for years."

"Yeah. And I can't ask Bakugou out. I've never spoken to him in my life. I doubt he even knows my name."

"Of course he does!"

"Dude, he doesn't know anybody's names. He called me Soy Sauce Face the other day." Sero insisted.

"To be fair...it's a suiting nickname."

"That is so rude, Kaminari, be nice to your friend." Kirishima scolded.

"That is so sad, Kaminari, play Johnny Johnny."

"You all need rehab for your meme addiction." Mina rolled her yellow eyes.

"Memes are what will drive tomorrow's economy, young lady." Kaminari insisted.

"Sure, Jan."

Kirishima laughed. "You guys are a disaster. I love you."

"Dude, that's gay." Sero said.

"Fellas, is it gay to appreciate the company of your best friends because they make you happy?"

"Yes."

"He said 'Fellas', Mina."

"Excuse me, as an expert on manliness, I can confirm that people of all genders can be manly if they so desire." Kirishima insisted.

"Yeah, guys. Kiri's been over it a thousand times. You don't need to have a dick to receive the highest compliment our boy has to give." Mina explained.

"Amen." Kiri nodded.

"Who wants to come over to my place and play videogames tonight?" Kaminari asked.

"I have dance practise." Mina stated.

"You don't take dance lessons. You dance alone in your room to old Kesha songs." Sero accused.

"I am practising the art of dance. It's dance practise."

"She's right." Kirishima agreed.

"Are you coming, Kiri?"

"Nah. I've got church stuff."

"Church stuff" was code in their group for hero stuff. They all knew he did it, but they didn't want somebody overhearing them.

"Ah, church stuff. Can't blow off that." Kaminari nodded.

Kirishima nodded. There was nothing more important to him than his hero stuff right now. He had to do it, because how else was he going to protect his friends? How else was he going to prove that quirks were a good thing, that Sero's tape, Kaminari's electricity, and Mina's acid were harmless? They deserved that much, and Kirishima was prepared to give it to them.

His friends were his world.