Rewind

I watched two Heros haha suck it

Also I attached some of Kiri's in canon fave music lmao he's such a nerd

"What's this one in for?" 

"Hero work." 

"Disgusting. I'm glad we got him off the streets."

"What kind of mutation are we looking at here?"

"A simple hardening thing. Useless and pathetic. He must be crazy to think he could do all that hero stuff."

Kirishima was terrified.

He couldn't feel his legs and his head was fuzzy. He wasn't sure if he was standing or sitting or upside down.

But there was one thing keeping him from snapping. 

He wanted to see his friends again. 

He missed them so much. 

He missed Kaminari and beating him at video games, he missed watching Mina breakdance, and he missed chilling with Sero. 

And Bakugou...fuck, he missed Bakugou.

He missed glancing at him in class, hearing his gruff voice yell at him, seeing how baffled he got when Kiri showed him the most basic kindness. He thought back to the night at the dance, how close they had been, how at home he had felt. He wanted that again. He knew Bakugou was into somebody else, but still...

He hated that Ground Zero didn't even cross his mind until three days (or at least what felt like three days) into his confinement. 

What did the other hero want to talk to him about? Probably a love confession that he would feel guilty about rejecting. He didn't want their friendship to get damaged over this, but he knew he didn't have feelings for him. It just wouldn't work out that way. 

But maybe...

Maybe he should just give into it. He knew Bakugou probably would never grow to like him. Should he just let himself settle for somebody who did?

***

He lost track of how many days had passed around five(?) days into his confinement. It didn't help that the drugs they forced him to take made his head foggy and his room had no windows. 

The only thing to mark the passing of days were the few times he had any kind of human contact; when the nurses came to give him his morning pills, and in the afternoons when he had his "therapy" sessions. 

"What made you want to become a hero?" 

"I...I thought it would be fun..." Kirishima's voice always came out slow, or, at least, that's what it sounded like. He might have been hallucinating the speed of his words, but he certainly wasn't hallucinating how tired talking made him feel. 

"You realize that your actions do more harm than good, don't you?" His therapist had a soothing voice. He knew he shouldn't give into her words. They were WRONG. This whole thing was WRONG. This place didn't need to exist. 

"Yes." He had enough grasp of his mind to know that he should remain as docile as possible. If he went along with their ideas, they'd think they converted him and he could be released. 

"You realize that acting as a hero and taking the law into your own hands takes precious jobs away from the police officers who keep our nation safe, don't you." 

"I do now." 

He wondered how long it would take to convince them. 

He wondered what was happening at school. Did his classmates know where he was? Were his friends worried? Did Bakugou even know that he was missing?

***

After the five day mark, Kirishima didn't remember much. He found that he couldn't move. His legs had stopped working and his arms were numb. He wondered if his quirk still worked and he found himself hoping that it wouldn't. That quirk had cursed him from the first moment it activated, when it cut his eye. If he never had to use it again,  it would be too soon. 

One day, two nurses came into his room and pulled him out of his bed, lowering him into a  wheelchair. 

He could barely keep his head up as they pushed him through the hallways and into the facility's reception area. 

Was he going home? 

"Your brother is here to pick you up." One of the nurses told him. 

Oh yeah. 

His brother. 

His brother was blond and had catlike eyes. Did he look like that? What did he look like again?

"Kiri!" A girl with pink hair and skin looked surprised at the sight of him. Was Kiri his name? 

One of the nurses started talking to her about drugs while a boy with black hair thanked the receptionist for fixing him. 

What was fixed? He still felt...wrong...

His brother started to push him but then another boy fought for control. Who were these people? Where were they taking him? 

Who....was he?