Closer

About halfway through the dance, frog girl got bored of dancing with Bakugou and went off to hang out with her other friends. Bakugou's duty was fulfilled but he wanted to give Kirishima his clothes back before he left. 

He sat in the corner of the gym, arms crossed, ignoring all the others.

Everybody else seemed to be having fun. Bakugou couldn't understand how.

It was just a dumb dance.

He felt a tap on his shoulder and looked up, seeing Kirishima. He raised his eyebrow. 

Please be time to leave.

He wanted to be home so badly. 

To Bakugou's dismay, Kirishima grabbed onto his arm, pulling him to his feet. He drug him onto the dance floor, into his group of dumb friends. Pikachu was dancing with that punk rock girl and Elbows was watching the Pink girl break dance.

Bakugou remained still. He didn't dance. It wasn't his thing. 

But then the music changed and everything went slow.

Suddenly, Kirishima's arms were around his waist. 

"What are you doing?" He asked, not bothering to step away.

"We're friends, right?" 

"We're not."

"Then why are you still here?"

"What?"

"You haven't run off yet." 

"I mean...I have to give you your clothes back..."

He smiled, his pointy teeth shining against the stage lights by the DJ booth. 

"You could always give them back tomorrow, you know." 

"Yeah, well, I don't want to be around you any more than I have to." 

"You're literally dancing with me right now." 

"So?" 

"How does that make you feel?" 

"What are you, my therapist?" 

Kirishima laughed, pulling him closer. Bakugou begrudgingly put his hands on the idiot's stupid shoulders. 

He didn't know why his mind went to Red Riot at that moment, but he started thinking about those stupid gear things on his shoulders and about how it would be pretty hard to slow dance with him compared to Kirishitma. 

But why would he want to slow dance with Red anyway?

Red had a man of his own, anyway. Even if he did like him, it wasn't remotely appropriate to slow dance with somebody who was into somebody else. 

Then why was Floppy hair dancing with him? Was he overthinking it? Did Kirishima just not have a crush on anybody? Was this okay? Were they actually friends? Or did Bakugou get himself roped into some stupid shit. 

He guessed it was probably the latter. How did he end up in this position? 

The pair avoided eye contact and conversation for the rest of the song. It felt like Bakugou's first school dance when he went with some random girl he didn't even know the name of. 

To be fair, he never remembered names anyway, but he wasn't into that date at all. He had stepped away from her the moment each slow song ended. He had hated being touched. 

So why didn't he mind right now?

Had he grown?

Was it because Kirishithead was a dude?

That probably wasn't the reason. He had never felt anything for a boy before. He wasn't gay. 

But then...He hadn't felt anything for girls either...

And then he remembered Red Riot again and...

Oh shit...

"Bakugou...You okay, bro?" Kirishima had separated from him at some point and was now looking concerned. 

Bakugou took a step back, ears ringing. 

"I...uh...I have to go..." 

It's gettin' gay NOW lads!