Detention Attention

The two boys were the only ones in detention, but that didn't mean they spoke. Bakugou sat in the back of the classroom, hood pulled over his head and arms crossed. Kirishima couldn't see him from where he sat at the front of the room, but he was sure the blond was sleeping.
He tried to study, but he couldn't focus over the tension in the air. His mind was filled with daydreams about all the possibilities that could have occurred if they were in detention for unrelated reasons. He pictured ways to start a conversation, turning it into gentle flirting, maybe into a phone number. He imagined casually moving closer and closer until their thighs touched, Bakugou's hand sneaking into his lap, and Kirishima casually laughing like it was no big deal even though he was on top of the world.
His face heated up at these thoughts, but he tucked it into his arms so nobody would see.
He didn't know when he had fallen asleep, exactly, but he woke up to yelling outside the classroom.
"I can't believe you're still getting in fights! I thought we went over this. 'No fights or you're grounded for a month.' That's what is told you Katsuki."
"Mom, stop!" Bakugou's voice groaned.
Kirishima pursed his lips. He had gotten Bakugou in even more trouble than he thought.
"No, I'm not going to stop. You pull me out of work to pick you up at detention over a fight, and you need to be lectured about it."
"It was one fight."
"One fight that you started."
"I didn't start it!"
"That's what you said about all the other fights you got into."
Kirishima stood, wandering toward the door.
"I really didn't start it!"
"Katsuki, you need to fix your temper. I'm not going to go easy on you next time!"
"Ow!"
At that point, Kirishima couldn't take the guilt anymore. He stepped out of the classroom, rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. "Uh...ma'am...he's tellin' the truth. I was he one who started the fight."
Bakugou's mom looked a lot like her son. If Kirishima wasn't super gay, she would totally be his type.
"Really, now?" Mrs. Bakugou crossed her arms, raising one eyebrow.
Kirishima bowed at the waist, nodding. "Yes! I'm really sorry for getting your son in trouble."
"Well, since you apologized, I guess I won't ground him."
"Thank you so much, ma'am!" Kirishima bowed even lower. "It won't happen again, I swear."
"You're a sweet kid. Could use a haircut, but still sweet." she ruffled Kiri's hair before turning to her son. "Why can't you be more like this guy, huh?"
"Because I'm not a stupid idiot with dumb hair." Bakugou muttered.
"Hey! Watch what you say about other people!" His mother smacked him on the head.
"It's okay, honestly." Kirishima lifted himself into a straight position, smiling with assurance.
"Stupid shark toothed bastard." Bakugou continued to mutter.
"Katsuki, I swear to god,"
"Fuck off, mom."
"Honestly, I don't get how a kid as sweet as you could start a fight, but then, my Katsuki will fight over anything."
"No I won't!"
"You just did, sweetheart." The way she said sweetheart was so passive aggressive. Kirishima had never really seen a parent act this way with their child.
"I'm going to wait in the car." Bakugou growled, glaring at Kirishima as he walked away.
Yeah.
His chances with this guy were way out of reach.