Final Steps

Bakugou waited outside Eijirou's hospital room for ten minutes before he entered, pacing back and fourth, full of anxiety. Once he stepped in that room, everything would change.
He didn't know much of the condition Ei was in apart from the "he's fine" messages Mina sent him every few hours. He had longed for this moment, when he had enough free time to stop my the hospital, but now that it was here he felt sick.
He didn't know why he was like this. Eijirou loved him. He had admitted it that day on the fountain, the day when he experienced the worst fear of his life.
Kirishima with blood running down his face, eyes closed, body still. Bakugou couldn't get the thought out of his head.
"Are you lost, sweetie?" A nurse came out of the room. He pulled his beanie further over his hair, hoping she wouldn't recognize him from the news. People called out to him on the streets all the time, now. Some of them were nice, but others were hostile. It was just part of his life now, something he had to get used to.
"Is he...is he awake?"
"Yes, dear. You can just walk on in."
"Uhh...thanks..."
"He's a sweet kid, you know? You've got a really good friend in him."
"Yeah. I do." Bakugou agreed.
The nurse smiled at him, walking away.
That was all the courage he needed to enter the room.
Well, he was pretty sure it wasn't courage; just a lack of excuses.
"Shitty Hair, I'm here."
Eijirou looked up from where he was sitting on his bed, eyes lighting up at the sight of him. His face broke into the biggest smile he had ever seen, which was saying something since Ei smiled like the fucking son.
"I missed you!"
"It's only been a week, you idiot. You've survived longer without me."
Eijirou laughed, throwing back his head, which was only bandaged with a tiny square of gauze now. "I guess I'll have to get used to it, huh?"
"What are you even talking about?" Bakugou crossed the room, sitting down on the bed. Kirishima jumped into his arms almost immediately.
"Hey! What's gotten into you?"
"I'm just so happy to see you!"
"Okay. As long as you're not all sad and shit."
"So, you're out there changing the world, huh?"
"Yeah...I guess that's what's happening. Some weird old guy in denim said he'd pay me to be the spokesperson for the pro quirk movement. Plus..." He paused, face heating up, "I didn't want you to get hurt like that for no reason."
Eijirou's arms tightened around him. He was so sturdy. He felt like home more than home ever had.
"I love you, Katsuki." He whispered. The way he said his name was so soft, so loving. He normally would have grunted at its use, but with Eijirou...with Eijirou it felt RIGHT.
"I love you too...Eijirou."
"So...uhm...I can call you my boyfriend right?"
"Of course you can, you moron! That's what we are, aren't we?"
"I wasn't sure! We hadn't talked about it!"
"We kissed on live tv!"
"I know, but I didn't want to call us boyfriends if you didn't want to."
"Well, we're boyfriends. I want everybody to know that."
"Okay."
"When do you get out of this place?"
"Tomorrow morning. Why?"
"You should come with me after class. I have to go to a press thing, but we can go to dinner or something and then you can stay the night at my place."
"Can't we stay at my place?"
"I don't really care where we stay, as long as we're together..." Bakugou's face heated up. Fuck, that was cheesy. Where had that come from?
"I would love to." Eijirou smiled and he smiled back. "But can we stop at Denny's on the way?" 
Things were going to be different from then on. Bakugou had never been in love before and he didn't know how to act yet.
But it would come to him. It wouldn't be hard.
Nothing was hard with Kirishima.
He was just easy to love.

Oh man I'm sad to let this one go, but the results are in and the next fic will be...*dramatic drum roll*
Kirishima and Bakugou adopt two foster children. I'm gonna release it sometime before Monday!