Chapter 5

"M-my outfit i-is o-ok" my voice cracked... I hate how he makes me feel so vulnerable.

  "I'm j-just going to g-go see the g-girls" i tried to walk past him and run but as soon as I reached the stairs he grabbed my arm.

   "Don't go yet, let's stay here''.

  " i-i have t..."

   He cut me off slamming his lips on mine, sucking my bottom lip, he took his time fondling with my lips trying to pry them open with his. i tried to push him off but I couldn't, I was weak...but I didn't stop..

  i kept pushing him until he backed off my lips and grabbed my left arm.

    The hand cream I used definitely worked because I slid from his tight grip, something i had used once before..i ran down the stairs as fast as I could until I was outside...I thought he would grab me again... I hid behind a mini van I saw parked near by , waiting for him to just jump behind me.

      I couldn't stop the river of tears flooding down and staining my cheeks, I don't know why is this happening to me I've done nothing wrong in my life to deserve it..I brought a weak hand to my cheek wiping the flood of tears and trying to control any more of them

  I waited for five minutes and when I stood up I saw Kathy on the front porch of the house two doors away, I walked to her pretending that everything was alright.

  "Oh my god Amelia!'' She ran towards me and hugged me tightly , Kathy was white as snow with little blush on her cheeks and cherry red lips not to mention her gold locks that reached her lower back... Practically an angel.

  " hey Kathy'' I tried to be as warm as I could but I just couldn't.

   "Is something wrong? You look a bit off'' she questioned me with worried eyes..she was the closest thing I had to a sister, we were at the same age so we connected quite well.

   " it's just school stuff, don't worry about it" I replied hoping that she'd believe me... surprisingly she did , "I knoowww! Life is just harrrddd" , I was glad to have someone think the same way I did.

  ''Come on Lia let's go inside..the barbecue will start in fifteen minutes! " so it was a barbecue! My clothes were perfect for it ...but I knew well enough that he just wanted to catch me undressing, the thought alone sent shivers down my spine.

I've spent years living in this nightmare, and i hated myself more day after day when i couldn't protect myself. Sometimes i felt like my body was merely a vessel, like i'm not really here, i felt like a soulless creature
But I've made this this far, i'm strong enough.. I ad

   The barbecue was coming to an end , it was almost 8pm...I haven't spotted Mason all this time, which i was thankful for.

    "Ok girls! Time to head home"
Aunt Clair gathered us all at the front door to go back home.. Kathy , Selena, Lucy and myself

    Selena and Lucy were 12 years old twins but not identical yet they both had lighter shade of brown hair almost as their father's... He had dark brown hair with ocean blue eyes.

    We went back home and Mason greeted us with warm hugs, "I'm sorry I couldn't attend the party with you girls, David called me and I kind of got stuck to do some extra work" he said and I could see him eyeing me from the side of his eyes.

     ''Daddy! I want an ice cream night!'' I looked around to see who spoke and a set of emerald eyes met my gaze ..I almost forgot about Clara..the youngest of angels, she was almost five years old if I recall.

     ''Oh my little baby, did grandpa drop you off?'' Aunt Clair questioned, ''yes mommy'' Clara replied.
        "He dropped her off two hours ago but she was tired so she took a little nap and decided to hang around afterwards" uncle Mason told her while reaching for his daughter to pick her up and pecked her cheek which made her giggle.

      Clara had short dark hair with piercing green eyes...just like her mother's.
       We gathered around the living room chatting and eating ice cream...

    "Sweety why are you silent? And your ice cream all melted!'' .
    Yeah..." they" were chatting and eating ice cream... I was just like an empty body.

      ''I'm just a bit tired aunt Claire''
I replied and it sounded almost as a whisper.

       " ok girls! Time for bed.'' Mason notified us and dropped Clara whom was straddling his lap.

   We went upstairs and I had to bunk up with Kathy which I was more than happy to do, Lucy and Selena went to their joined room after wishing us a good night.

      Kathy's bed was big enough for both of us...we were quite small and scrawny although I had more meat on my body.

    We chatted for a little while..mostly about her crush Jason, but we surrendered to sleep at 11:30.

  ****
  When I woke up I didn't find Kathy next to me , I checked my phone to find its 8:45 so I got up and went to the bathroom, I went down stairs in my pajamas after that.

    I found Kathy sitting at the kitchen island also in her pajamas and Aunt Claire in a robe making pancakes.

     "Good morning sweetie" aunt Claire greeted me with a soft and gentle smile, "good morning'' I replied mirroring her smile, she set a plate of pancakes in front of me and it looked more than inviting so I dug in as we all sat there devouring the devilishly delicious pancakes as we chatted here and there.

     " You've grown into a beautiful lady Amelia" aunt Claire stated out loud with her famous sweet smile that I just adore... "Yes she has" I turned to see Mason right in front of me.

       "She's gorgeous don't you think so Claire?" , I was taken a back from this sudden compliment around his family .

''Of course Mason'' Claire stated once again nodding in agreement, then she went back to finish cooking the rest of the batter while Kathy went back to her room after she got a phone call.

      ''I love her so much you know?...she's my favorite" he said without breaking eye contact with me.

    Oh no he didn't ...did he seriously just confessed to me in front of his wife?!.

    I kept sitting there with wide eyes, until I realized he was still eyeing me ...I felt like he's looking to my soul... That he can read every thought that crosses my mind.

     Without a word I stood up and hurried up stairs, although I felt like I was walking like a drunk almost tripping on my own feet.

  I entered Kathy's room to see her getting dressed up, "oh come on we're late !'' Wait what?.

  " uumm for what?'' I questioned her in utter confusion

  "Well...I think your acting weird and probably it's because of some guy or whatever... So we're going to the amusement park!" She basically cheered .

  Well...a day at the park means a day away from Mason...which I'll gladly accept.

   Lucy and Selena didn't want to go and decided to go to their grandparents with the rest of the family...so Kathy called the posse , whom are basically a bunch of crazy people who know how to have a good day with no parents.

     "Alex and Haley are already inside, we'll meet Jason and Rayan at the front gate''.

   Kathy stated as she parked the car and we waited for the two lads, Jason was her crush while Alex and Haley were a couple... So I did the math and figured that she brought this Rayan guy for me.

  " don't sweat it, Rayan is hot"
Yup...I figured, Let's give him a shot, the inner me finally decided to show up..I wonder where she goes in her free time?

     Well.....she wasn't kidding, Rayan is pretty hot, but i wasn't looking for any relationship at the moment so we just hanged around and had some really good fun until we decided to go grab a bite and some ice cream.

   Then we headed to the mall for some unnecessary shopping which only the three of us girls enjoyed.

      When we were about to leave it was about 5pm...time does fly fast with good company!

   Ryan had asked for my number, I wasn't going to give it to him at first but decided to be at least friends because he really was a sweet guy and he understood that I don't want to date at the time.

     When we got back home the entire family was no where to be seen... So...we decided to make dinner.

  It was Kathy's idea to be honest so we just made it simple... She got her laptop and started googling about some recipes.

  Two hours later we ended up making a simple white sauce chicken with vegetables , a side dish of well seasoned mash potatoes, and a not so great attempt of egg roles.

   When the family came back at 8pm ...the kitchen was a total mess but the table was neatly set.

  Aunt Claire and uncle Mason were stunned to see it...and so were the rest of the girls.

  After we sat at the table and ate ...whatever was eatable they thanked us for the nice meal... Although the potatoes were a bit too salty and the egg roles tasted anything but eggs the desert was amazing , we had made an insanely delicious pineapple tart that all the family seemed to really dig in and enjoy.

   we cleaned our mess which was actually a lot more exhausting than cooking, I left everyone else down stairs as I went up to the bedroom to get some rest.

  I walked in Kathy's room but didn't close the door I was going through my duffle bag looking for a more comfortable attire to wear in the bathroom until I felt those familiar big hands on my waist again.

   "Thank you for the dinner baby" Mason spoke in my ear just before kissing it.

  I turned around in shock and tried to push him away, instead... He pushed me down on the bed behind me and climbed on top of me ...I could hear muffled voices coming from the living room downstairs and I wished I was dead.

  It was too much for me, too much to take...I was only seventeen