Chapter 23

A/N: early update.. Enjoy!

"Move your ass Amelia!"

"Hold it tight, don't let go..never point it towards a target you don't want to harm"

"You have to be faster damn it!"

"Stop bitching and stand up properly"

"Don't be so hard on her Michael"

I woke up gasping..oh my god.

   My butt is numb.. I adjusted myself on the chair, I don't know what time it is right now.. The little lamp hanging from the ceiling is the only source of light.
I took a look at Michael, he was asleep but his face was held in a frown and his eyebrows knitted together.. He's probably in pain.. The inner me was sipping a glass of vodka with an i-need-it-don't-look-at-me-like-that look.

I decided to just let her be..
I don't know why this is happening, I thought I finally had my shit together.. I was becoming better, I thought Mason and I could continue our life..together this time, but apparently fate had other plans written for us.

I heard muffled voices from upstairs and shouting, I couldn't tell who or what was happening up there..then there was a loud BANG! ...my breath hitched and I stiffened, I know what a gun sounds like, it wouldn't be the first time I've heard one.

Michael's eyes bursted open eyeing me from head to toe, and I finally saw his brown eyes...

"You okay?!" I nodded and looked at the stairs.."that was a gun Michael.. " I informed the lad in front of me and he nodded slowly not looking me in the eye.

"I guess it's us next.." I declared when I heard foot steps nearing the door.."don't say that Amelia!..you're going to be alright, everything is going to be okay.." He tried to smile reassuringly but I could see the helplessness in his eyes, I mirrored his expression and looked back at the stairs..only the door stayed closed and whom ever was there walked away...

"See?..we're going to be fine.." Michael replied

"What's the issue between Mason and Christian?'' I asked Michael.." Well..I didn't know he was still alive until the day before yesterday when he imprisoned me here, Mason found out via the note Christian sent him when he brought you here I assume.." I kept my gaze steady nodding for him to continue..

"Well...Christian.. Killed his mother while Mason watched..he was 11 at the time, Christian was 16 I think..he was a delinquent who used and sold drugs..he was planning to kill Mason too but he couldn't out run him..Mr James.. Their father..he took care of Mason and protected him, all these years..he told Mason that his brother was dead, he didn't want them to reconnect in the future." I looked down and heard him sigh.."I'm sorry you're caught up in all this mess..I'm sure Mason is sorry too, but he loves you like I've never seen anyone love anyone before".

I love him too, I love him despite all the baggage..now knowing what Mason went through as a child..my heart aches...I just wish he's okay.