New Beginnings

"Chimchim! If you don't hurry up, we'll be late for school!"

"Coming Hoseok!"

I tumbled down the stairs, pulling my sweater over my head as I came to face my brother. For years now, I've wanted to move in with him since our parents were gnawing my ears of with absolute perfection needs. They wanted me as an exact copy of them, but I rebelled with dying my hair orange. Hoseok did the same with red and moving out. We still saw them on the weekends though.

"Ready to go?" He asked with a big smile. I grabbed an apple and nodded.

"Yup. Let's go."

Hoseok was in his last year of college, but I was just entering my freshman year a few months late. We walked out of the apartment and made our way down to the bus, me following him as he got off on our stop.

"Good luck, mochi. My classes are this way. Yours are in that wing," he said, pointing in the opposite direction of where his were. "I'll see you at lunch!"

I waved as he ran away to some of his friends that he saw. Turning back to my wing, I made my way through the crowded halls. Several times, I saw couples kissing against walls or lockers, some kids were smoking, some were rushing to their next class, but all of them were talking if they weren't preoccupied with sucking someone's face off. Just as I entered my classroom, I heard some boos inside the room. Then there were cheers and clapping as someone was speaking fast and roasting someone else.

A rap battle. That's what it was. I didn't care as I slid into my seat, but then the rapper stopped and someone let out a whistle and another cheer. Then a lower voice began slowly, roastin and slightly toastin the other guy.

"Wake up and open your eyes
You never ever ever gonna beat my time.
While you be catchin girls,
I be arrested for my crime.
When you see you can't win,
All I'll be able to do is look at you.
With respect? Nah. Stop.
I'll pity you over my mixtape drop.
Now go leave me alone,
I don't wanna see your face.
I'd much rather be rappin to the beat
Than rappin the truth."

My eyebrows raised as his voice got quicker and quicker until several syllables were rapped in a single second. Some guy stumbled out with a hurt complexion as the crowd went wild. The door opened and the teacher smiled at the scene.

"Another one Mr. Min?"

The crowd cleared and went to their desks, chattering about the battle. A shorter white-haired male stood, shrugging. Three boys surrounded him snickering at the guy who was beaten. Then they began moving. The white-haired guy bumped my desk with his knee.

"That's my spot shortie."

"You don't seem that tall to me," I fired back.

One of the guys smiled weirdly, bitting his lower lip and puffing his cheeks out. His shoulders were shaking from trying not to laugh.

"Did I ask for your opinion?"

His voice was low and dark. I noticed that his lazy but cold expression made him seem even more attractive. My heart beating pumping and out of hope that he wouldn't see my red face, I moved out of the desk and went to the one in front of him. The class began.

Yes. I'm gay. Bite me. I found out a few years ago when a girl gave me a Valentine's Day chocolate, but the guy behind her was laughing with his friends. His smile took my attention away from her. I gave the chocolate she gave me to him as a "friendship" chocolate. But that wasn't what I meant it for. That's just what I told him.

There was someone breathing on my neck that pulled me out of my thoughts at the end of class when the teacher walked out.

"Try not to test my patience again brat."