CAST•OFF

Zach's POV

It's been a month or so, and I'm supposed to get my cast off today. Jonah took me to the doctor and left to go to school. I'm currently waiting in the waiting room. I'm hoping that I can get to playing volleyball soon because the season ends in three to four weeks and I want to get some games in.

"Zachary Herron?" A doctor calls from the door. I stand up and walk over ready to get my cast off.

Jonah's POV

I just dropped Zach off to get his cast removed. He thought I was going to school, but I'm meeting up with Jack, Corbyn, and Daniel to go to the main hospital. Zach's at the doctor where you go when you have the flu or something. We're going to the hospital where an ambulance would take you.

I stop at Corbyn's house, all the boys getting into my car. We all sit in comfortable silence. We eventually arrive at the hospital going up to the recovery room awaiting to see the face that would make everything better.

"Jonah, Jack, Corbyn, and Daniel?" He says.

"That's us Mr. Herron." Daniel says showing his toothy grin.

"Thank you guys for looking after Zach for me" he says from his wheelchair.

"It wasn't a problem at all. Even though this was a tough experience on both ends, it brought all of us closer together." Corbyn says.

"So, hate to bring the mood down, but what do we tell Zach? Do we say you're awake or not tell him at all?" Jack asks.

"Jonah?" Mr. Herron says looking at me.

"Okay. The doctor said it will take a few weeks for you to walk again, depending on how hard you work for it. So, on Zach's last volleyball game, we have the score people say that there is a special visitor for Zach, and you, Mr. Herron, roll out in You're wheel chair and stand up and walk to him. So yes we tell him, but say that he can't see you because of something the doctors said." I tell them. They all nod their heads in agreement with plan.

"But this also does mean we have to make sure you can walk by the last game. It'll be lots of work Mr. Herron" I say.

"It's fine. I'd do anything for my son." He says smiling.

"Well, I'd hate to cut this short, but we can't be late for first period. See you soon Mr. Herron" Daniel says checking his watch.

Mr. Herron says bye, along with us mumbling a chorus of byes to him and wishing him well. We hop into my car, and drive down to the school hopefully making it there before Zach.

We get to school about five minutes before Zach does, and he runs over to us jumping up and down.

"The doctor said I can try and play volleyball but I just have to take it easy for a few days!!!!" He shouts not caring about the looks.

I was going to hug him, but Jack beat me to it.

"The duo is back baby!" He says holding Zach's now non broken arm in the air.

I give Zach a hug and kiss in the cheek saying I can't wait to watch him play.

A/n: sorry it's short. I just wanted to post a chapter because it's been a while. I'm trying my best to work in chapters but, September has always been a busy month for me so I might not update that much this month. Love y'all. 💜