HOMECOMING•GAME

Jonah's POV

It's finally game time and I've never been more nervous. I know that I'm just asking him to a school dance, and not proposing or anything big, but still he was nervous. The whole football team knew about me asking Zach to the dance. Actually, they were all in on it, and are going to help.

Five minutes until game time. We all huddle by the tunnel where we would soon runthrough onto the field. We all did our team cheer before lining up to run out of the tunnel.

"Dude, you got this. Just treat it as any other game. Don't even think about it until after the game when you ask him." Corbyn says walking up to me. I nod my head to him, showing that I heard him. I take a deep breathe, and corbyn gives me a pat on the back. We run out of the tunnel with the football team ready to play our rivals.

Third Person POV

The game was going good. RidgeView was up by a lot more than Preparatory High.

(Time skip to the end because I know nothing about football)

It was a good game. RidgeView ended up winning by a lot more than Preparatory High. Over the intercoms as the game ended, they made an announcement telling everyone to stay seated for something.

Corbyn had made his way up into the stadium once the game ended to bring Zach to the field. While Corbyn was dragging a very confused zach towards the field, all of the RidgeView football players were each holding a white rose with pieces of a sign hidden behind them.

Corbyn takes Zach down the line of football players, having him take a rose from each of the players. Jonah stands at the end of the line, handing a violet rose to Zach.

"Jonah... What's going on?" Zach had asked the taller and sweaty boy, as he is lead to stand in front of all the lined up football players.

"Just... look..." Jonah told Zach, pointing to the rest of the team who now held up signs each with a word that ended up saying 'I tried to think of a cute sign but all I could think about was your cute face. will you go to the dance with me?'.

"So... will you?" Jonah asks turning to look at Zach who has this shocked look on his as he read over the sign.

"Yes!" Zach says jumping to give Jonah a hug and quick kiss. The crowd cheered loudly for the boys as they all got up and ready to leave the cold night. The whole football team huddle around the couple giving the pats on the back and hugging Zach, whom they have become very fond of over the past times they have met him.

A/n sorry it's short but the next chapter is the dance and it may have some drama. Also happy new year.