HOMECOMING•DANCE

Third Person POV

Zach was walking the school halls when he heard voices coming from the locker room. Zach being the sneaky kid he is, goes to listen. He looks and sees some people talking to his boyfriend.

"Jonah you're seriously going to the dance with him?" Some random dude asks.

"Yeah. He's my boyfriend who else am I supposed to go with?" Jonah says packing up the rest of his stuff.

"Dude. I bet he's going to wear a dress. No offense Jonah but it's kind of weird that you're dating a guy who dresses like a girl. Might as well date one" another random person says.

Zach looks down at his outfit. A blue crop top, denim skinny jeans, and like brown Uggs.

"I don't care if he dresses like a girl. I love him. If he's comfortable in girls clothes I'm fine with that. Just drop it and leave him alone" Jonah says sipping up his bag and walking away.

He's surprised to see Zach standing there.

"Hey babe. You didn't hear anything do you?" Jonah asked nervously because he knows Zach is sensitive.

"No. Just got here. Wanted to know if you wanted to go get ice cream since it's Friday and all" Zach says.

"Yeah sure. Let's stop by my house to drop our stuff off. You're spending the night whether you want to or not." Jonah says to Zach before grabbing his hand.

Jonah and Zach both hop into Jonah's car and drive down to Jonah's house to drop off their bags, and Jonah's sports stuff.

The get back into Jonah's car before driving down to the boardwalk by a popular lake. They spend the rest of their night eating ice cream and cuddling back at Jonah's house. 

The next morning Zach leaves Jonah's house around noon to go get ready for the dance with Christina. He meets her at a dress shop, because they love to procrastinate on things.

"So Zach. What kind of dress are you going to get?" Christina asks Zach as she holds a dress to herself looking into the mirror.

"Um... actually I'm going to wear a tux." Zach says holding some fabric of a dress in his hand.

"What? Why?" Christina asks picking up another dress.

Zach's POV

"After school yesterday I went to the locker room to ask Jonah if he wanted to go get ice cream. I overheard some boys talking to him. They said somethings about me wearing girl clothes, and that I would totally wear a dress to the dance. One of them even told Jonah since I dress like a girl, that he should just date one." I said walking over to her.

"Well I say you wear a super fancy over the top expensive af suit and stick it to the man!" Christina says.

"Yeah but how expensive. No one at school knows I'm stupid rich. And in case you didn't know I don't plan on telling anyone." I say.

"Let em know. Make them know you can sue them in a snap of your fingers" Christina says.

"Maybe. I don't know." I tell her.

"Ooh and get a limo for all of us. Make them feel jealous." She says walking over to the register  with a blue lace front, sparkly dress.

"Okay fine. But this is the only time." I tell her groaning and giving in.

"She pays and then drags me to a suit store. I found the perfect suit and it was like $3,575 dollars. Christina and I go to the nail salon and get our nails done.

On our way back to my house I call my dad and he says he will get the limo set for tonight.

Christina and I go up to my room and she does both of our make-up. Just because I'm not wearing a dress doesn't mean I'm not going to wear makeup.

Soon enough 5:45 pm rolls around and the doorbell rings signalling that Jonah, Corbyn, Jack, and Daniel are here.

When we walk downstairs all of their mouths are hung open. 

Blah Blah Blah we do all of the picture things with my dad that he sends to their parents, and we get into the limo, everyone dancing in their seats and drinking sparkling cyder cause we're boujee like that.

Jonah grabs my hand and I face him.

"Why the suit and the whole crazy expensive stuff. Thought you didn't want anyone to know?" He asks me.

"Well for starters, I heard what the guys in the locker room said. And Christian told me to stick it to the man and show them I'm not girly all the time. Also Christina got me pumped up by saying that I could show them that I can freaking sue them if they try and hurt me again. Especially since the last guys were freaking 18 and that's considered assault to a minor." I tell him.

"Listen I'm sorry about them okay. I stood up to them and I defended you. Because I love you. And I hope you heard the part about me not caring how you dress. Because when we get back to your house I want to see how that dress looks on you, because I know that you still bought one." Jonah says to me. 

I blush and give him a peck on the lips. I try and pull away, and he just holds the kiss for longer.

"Get a room!" Daniel and Jack yell at us. We break the kiss and I just blush into Jonah's arms.

"Comon, Corbyn and I aren't even that lovey dovey." Christina says holding Corbyn's hand.

We pull up to the school and everyone who was outside at the time had their eyes glued to us. We walk into the school, and head to the gym where the dance was held. 

I see Jonah's friends who made the comments about me standing wide eyed. I know they know a lot about fashion, because they wear hella expensive things, so when they saw my suit they knew it was expensive.

The entire time Jonah, Christina, Corbyn, Jack, Daniel and I enjoyed the night. We danced and sang loudly to the songs, not giving a care about anyone else.

Corbyn and Christina were crowned the dance king and queen. And damn they sure did earn that.

The night was long, and we all went home at 9:00 pm when the dance was over. Jonah ended up spending the night and I did show him my dress, which he loved. We ended up cuddling and watching some movies at the end of the night.

Friday was a bit of a rough day dealing with what the other boys said, but Saturday made the small amount of pain go away because I got to spend it with my amazing boyfriend, and amazing friends.