Chapter 3

Liuer and Courtney had escaped the moutain trolls, for now. They couldn't hide in this cave forever, especially not with the baby anyway, because not only did they needed to find their own way home, they needed to get the baby girl back to her own family.

They end up stumbling upon what looks to be a pillar of ice with chains around and through it in the cave.

Then they walk over to it and see what looks to be a hand trying to stick out of the ice. They both put their hands on it, only for a second, but when they look and walk away, the ice starts cracking. When she noticed the chains were breaking loose, Courtney used herself to shield Liuer and the baby.

Now, the pillar of ice had pretty much exploded. Courtney continued to shield Liuer and the baby as rocks and pieces of ice came down.

When it seemed like it was safe to, they got up to look and move around.

That's when they saw the moutain trolls had found them, and starting chasing them. Courtney tried to fight them off, while Liuer grabbed onto one of the chains to try to get out of the way and stay safe. One of the moutain trolls lunged at him, only to be hit in the face with a rock, as if someone other than Liuer or Courtney moved it. Liuer, Courtney, and even the moutain trolls look over to see what did that when a hand came out from beneath the rubble, then proceeded to get out of said rubble and then get the dust from.. it's fur? It then revealed itself to be a monkey.

Courtney couldn't believe it- Could it be..?

Said monkey looks over to see Liuer hanging from the chain with Courtney next to her brother, with an slightly confused look on his face.

"Where did he come from?!" One of the moutain trolls exclaimed, obviously confused. "Well, don't just stand there! Get him!" Another moutain troll lunges for the monkey, only for him to dodge it and the troll to hit the wall of the cave. The monkey notices he's still chained up on his wrists, so he tries to get the chains off while fighting off the moutain trolls. The next thing Liuer and Courtney know, the monkey was in their faces, obviously not happy, despite them being the ones that freed him.

This makes Liuer and Courtney feel very uneasy, scared even. Then, the baby girl climbs out of her carrier, onto Liuer's head to pat the monkey on his head, him not very amused at this.

The monkey ends up walking off, out of the cave, "Thanks, kids. I got it from here." Liuer and Courtney end up following him out of the cave, hoping maybe they can find out who he is.

When they got out of the cave, they notice the monkey jumping around in the trees, happy. Most likely, happy to be free.

"I'm free!" He yells out, jumping back up into the air, but something on his wrist starrs hurting him and causes him to not go in the direction he wanted to go, sending him flying in a different direction. Liuer and Courtney follow where he ended up.

When they finally catch up to him, they find the monkey trying to get what's on his wrist off, with no success. They end up hiding behind a rock, hoping to find out more about this monkey and if he was who they thought he was.

The monkey then looks over at a Buddha statue. He chuckles, then angrily asks, "You locked me up for 500 years- that's not good enough for you?!"

He pauses then exclaims, "Don't forget- I'm the Great Sage!" Liuer and Courtney look over at each other, very surprised. "The Great Sage?" They ask in unison, out loud on accident. This causes the Great Sage to look over in their direction. "Who's that?!" He asks. "Show yourself! Looking for a fight?"

Liuer and Courtney come out of hiding. "Oh, or maybe a babysitter."

Liuer and Courtney look over at each other again. "Uh, are you really...?" Liuer starts off with, "...Sun Wukong? The Great Sage?" Liuer and Courtney finish in unison.

"I don't know. Am I?" He asks, sounding sarcastic, then starts walking away. "What if I am?"

Liuer and Courtney just gasp in response. "What?" Liuer asks, very surprised. "It really is him!" Courtney exclaims, very happy. "The Great Monkey King!" They say in unison, both very happy. "No greatness! Just an old monkey!" Sun Wukong yells out to them.

Liuer then starts running to where Sun Wukong was headed. "Liuer?" Courtney asks, confused as to hear her brother is doing. "Wait, Great Sage!" Liuer cries out, trying to get his attention. "Liuer, wait!" Courtney exclaims. Liuer stops in his tracks, not sure how he'll get to the Great Sage, when one of the small creatures from earlier shows up again. Said small creatures gestures to where he went.

"Oh, you mean he went that way?" Liuer asks. Before Liuer runs off, he turns to say, "Thank you, Mr. Groundhog." Before running off to find the Great Sage, Courtney not too far behind him.