Chapter 8

[From now on, I'm gonna stop using 'pig yokai' to refer to Zhu Baije/Pigsy, and instead of using the stupid American/English version of his name, Pigsy, I'm gonna use his original name, Zhu Baije.]

It turns out that the noise was from the Dragon Guardian.

"You guys, look!" Liuer calls out to Courtney, Sun Wukong, and Zhu Baije, causing all three of them to look over and notice this, all of them gasping as a result.

The Dragon Guardian ends up flying towards Liuer. Before Courtney could do anything, like run over to her brother, Sun Wukong protectively puts his hand on her arm, slightly pushing her away, then starts running over to Liuer.

"Get away from there!" He yells out to Liuer. So, before the Dragon Guardian could attack Liuer, Sun Wukong pushes him out of the way, now face to face with him. Courtney, Liuer, and Zhu Baije try to run over to him to help only for Sun Wukong to yell out to them, "Stay back!"

The Dragon Guardian ends up roaring at all of them. Afterwards, the Dragon Guardian gets really close to Liuer before growling in Sun Wukong's face and flying away. Courtney then runs over to see if her brother was okay.

"You did it!" Liuer says, still surprised and shaken up. "Woah, you really scared him away." Liuer then says, sounding relieved. Obviously upset at what just happened, Sun Wukong runs over to Liuer. "You know that was a White Dragon?! You see one of those, it's the last thing you'll ever see!" He yells in Liuer's face, causing Liuer to get scared and even start to tear up.

"Great Sage, please, h-he's just a child! He didn't mean any harm!" Courtney exclaims, motherly instincts kicking in yet again.

This makes Sun Wukong realize that he just scared a kid, but before he could say anything in response, Zhu Baije yells out, "What, you suddenly care about us?!" Sun Wukong marches straight over to him.

"It's your fault! I'll show you, you stinking pig!" Sun Wukong yells at Shy Baije, before pulling him by the ear, dragging him over ot the cliff.

"Don't do this! Help me, kids!" Zhu Baije pleads, causing Liuer and Courtney to run over to stop Sun Wukong. "Stop it! Let him go!" Liuer cries out, pleading to Sun Wukong.

"Don't!"

"He'll just turn into a bird or something." Sun Wukong just tells him. "But what if he doesn't?" Courtney asks, knowing how upset her brother is right now. Then, the Dragon Guardian flies back up from below the cliff.

"The Dragon! Look! It's flying!" Liuer yells out, running to where he can get a better look. "Wait!" Courtney and Sun Wukong yell out to him in unison.

While Courtney goes to catch up to her brother, Sun Wukong let's go of Zhu Baije before doing the same.

"Woah..." Liuer and Courtney mumble out in unison. "Dragons can really fly!" Liuer says.

"That's pure freedom- souring through the clouds like that." Sun Wukong says, sitting down next to Liuer and Courtney. "Well, that was the coolest thing ever." Liuer says, still astonished by what he just saw. "Yeah..." Courtney chimes in with.

"Oh, big deal- I use to fly back in the day." Zhu Baije comments, trying to make himself sound cool or something. "You know, if I was able to fly, I would go over that mountain, and take this little one back home and find my Shifu." Liuer explains, causing his sister to smile. Sun Wukong looks over at the two before saying, "Someday, if you're brave and strong enough, you can."

"Then you can go as far as you want." He finishes, looking up to the sky.

"Huh? Are you serious? Is that really possible?" Liuer asks, sounding excited, hoping off the rock he was standing on. Sun Wukong and Courtney chuckle at his reaction.

"Maybe. If you don't annoy me." Sun Wukong answers, jumping off the rock he was sitting on and begins to walk along the path. "Wait! So does that mean you've done it before?" Liuer asks, both him and his sister following Sun Wukong. Zhu Baije falls off the rock, trying to catch up to them. "Have you ridden a Dragon? How do you tame it? Could you teach me?" Liuer rambles, asking a lot of questions, causing his sister to chuckle at his antics. "One question at a time." Sun Wukong tells him. "Okay, one last one- are there many Dragons in this world?" Liuer asks.