Chapter 12

The Evil Lord just takes the Sun Wukong doll out of the baby girl's hands and throws it into the water.

"Ha! I hope your Great Sage is a great swimmer. But I hear monkeys don't like water!" He retorts before laughing.

He looks over at Liuer and Courtney, then uses his magic to push them back into the beams on the ship, causing them to hit their heads.

Courtney crawls over to Liuer, so if the Evil Lord tries to attack them again, she could protect her brother.

"Hasn't anyone ever told you it's not nice to bite?" He asks, about to use his magic against them again. Before he could do so, Sun Wukong grabs the staff he used earlier to attack the Evil Lord. Since the Evil Lord's magic was too strong for him, this sent Sun Wukong flying back and getting hurt again. Before he could get up, the Evil Lord puts his foot a top Sun Wukong head, preventing him from getting up.

"Sun Wukong. You're laying down on the job." The Evil Lord retorts, before laughing and pushing Sun Wukongs head through the floor of the boat and flying up into the air. He readies himself to use his magic once again.

Liuer and Courtney look up and notice this, both very scared. Right as the Evil Lord fired the ball of magic at the boat, Courtney used herself to shield Liuer. This ball of magic ended up setting the boat on fire, destroying it. Believing his job was done, the Evil Lord flies away, most likely back to his hideout.

~Later~

Zhu Baije, Liuer, and Courtney are up lying on land, coughing up water.

Sun Wukong, who had also been lying on land, is the first to get up. He looks back at the others before walking away. Liuer and Courtney notice this and quickly get up and go over to him, Zhu Baije not too far behind them.

"Great Sage! We have to save the little one! Come on!" Liuer pleads, pulling at Sun Wukongs hand. Courtney doesn't say anything, but she's just as worried for the baby girl as her brother is.

"She's not my problem..." Sun Wukong mumbles, loud enough for them to hear. "What?" Courtney asks, not sounding very happy, sounding rather angry.

"No, you don't really mean that!" Liuer exclaim, continuing to pull at Sun Wukongs hand til he gets pushed away. "And neither are you two! I just need to go my own way. You can take care of her yourselves..." Sun Wukong exclaims, not looking at them.

This upsets Courtney even more, with Liuer distressed at this.

How could his childhood hero and her childhood hero/crush do this?

"No, we can't.." Zhu Baije states simply, walking over to Sun Wukong. Before Zhu Baije could continue, Sun Wukong interrupts him, grabbing him by his vest. "You want to be a hero?! Go ahead!" Sun Wukong yells at him, ready to punch him. He notices Liuer and Courtney are watching and puts his fist down, letting go of Zhu Baije.

"But.. You're the protector, the legends say..." Liuer starts off, sounding upset, like he's about to cry, but after noticing Sun Wukong looking away, he stops. This angers Courtney even more than before. "Fine, we'll go by ourselves.." Liuer tells him, still sounding upset. Courtney looks at her brother before looking at Sun Wukong and glaring at him. Before she had the chance to say or anything, Liuer runs off crying. Sun Wukong reaches out slightly with one of his hands. Courtney notices and just states, "Don't. You've done enough already..." She then runs to catch up to Liuer, holding back her own tears.

"No, wait! Don't go!" Zhu Baije calls out to them. He looks back over at Sun Wukong, who just looks away.

"Sun Wukong, look! Go after them!" Zhu Baije pleads before looking in their direction and back at him. Sun Wukong just stands there, doing nothing. "Hello?!" Zhu Baije says, trying to plead with him.

~With Liuer and Courtney~
"Liuer! Wait!" Courtney cries out to him, both of them wiping away at their own tears as they're running.

Liuer ends up tripping over a tree root, giving Courtney the chance to catch up to him. "Are you okay, Liuer?" Courtney asks, still sounding upset from earlier. He doesn't say anything, just gets back up and starts running again, this time with his sister right next to him.

After running for what seemed like forever, they stop to catch their breath, both still very upset their childhood hero said what he said.

After their little rest, they get back up and start walking. They then hear something in the distance. It was the mountain trolls! They both hide behind a rock, hoping they wouldn't be found.

"We better hurry; we'll miss the sacrifice of the children." They hear one of them say. Realizing it may be safe, they come out of hiding, but the mountain trolls still can't see them.

"That cursed monkey!" This catches their attention. Instead of going back to get Sun Wukong, they follow the mountain trolls themselves.

~Back With Sun Wukong and Zhu Baije~
Sun Wukong was now using a boulder to try and get the thing on his wrist off, with no sign of it coming off any time soon. This angers Sun Wukong, but doesn't stop him for still trying.

The thing on his wrist then start glowing and right when it stopped, it caused him to faint, right into the stream.

~Liuer and Courtney~
They're still quietly following the mountain trolls when a moutain troll jumps over them, causing them to find what looks to be a zip line, most likely leading to their hide out.

~Sun Wukong~
As he's floating in the stream, he hears voices in his head.
Voices of Liuer and Courtney.
"I didn't ask for this! I don't want this! These people are nothing but trouble!" He thinks to himself, obviously aggravated. He continues to hear their voices in his head and even starts having visons/flashbacks of them. He would be lying if he said he hadn't gotten close, even slightly attached to the both of them, with some possible feelings for Courtney.

He then sees the Sun Wukong doll Liuer gave to the baby girl earlier. He grabs it and just stares at it, still having visons/flashbacks of Liuer and Courtney. Back on land, Zhu Baije is wondering if Sun Wukong will come back up to the surface.
"Now's not the time for a swim! Is this how some 'Great Sage' would act? No! I know.. I know you're upset... But those kids need you." Zhu Baije, not believing what he said would help, begins to walk away.
Sun Wukong continues to have flashbacks of Liuer and Courtney and then even flashbacks to 500 years ago, when he caused havoc in Heaven.
He then comes up out of the water, realizing what he has to do.
"Hey, Piggy.."
Zhu Baije stops dead in his tracks, turning around.
"We've got kids to save!"