~Epilogue~

A/N: Reading this epilogue is totally optional, in case you prefer the ending of the last chapter to be the 'official ending', but read on if you like!

---------------------

Sun Wukong turns to see that Liuer and Courtney are alive, just severely injured because of the rubble.

Sun Wukong goes over to them to give them the biggest group hug he possibly could give them without hurting them.

The three of them get back together with Zhu Baije, Shifu, and the other children. They notice Zhu Baije seemed to be crying.

"Are you crying?" Shifu asks, turning towards him. Zhu Baije tries brushing it off by telling him, "No, I just have something in my eye."

"Yeah.." Sun Wukong chimes in. "Tears." This remark causes everyone else to laugh.

They then climb up onto a cloud to return the children to their families.

Sun Wukong looks over at Courtney. She notices this, a blush creeping up onto her face. Seeing the blush on her face, Sun Wukong chuckles to himself.

Sun Wukong moves closer over to her.

He leans over closer to her ear, hoping only she'll hear what he's about to say.

"Courtney, I have a confession to make... When I first met you and Liuer, I thought you were both going to be annoying.. And Liuer was.." He chuckles softly, causing Courtney to chuckle as well.
"But you tried to keep him under control.. and when I saw you doing that and taking care of the baby girl.. I knew that I was.." He pauses, takes a deep breath in and out. "What I'm trying to say is, I've fallen in love with you." He finishes, blush creeping up onto his face.

Courtney's face turns a bright red, smiling creeping up onto her face. "Great Sage, I-" She gets stopped midsentence. "Wukong. Just call me Wukong." He tells her, slightly smiling.
Courtney blushes even more before saying, "Great- I mean, Wukong.. I.. I love you too."

They both smile at each other, both happy they other felt the same way.

They both begin to lean in, lips getting closer..

"Great Sage and Courtney, sitting in a tree.." Liuer says, interrupting them, his statement earning a laugh out of everyone else.

Sun Wukong and Courtney look back over at each other, smiles on their faces, and close the gap between their lips, Sun Wukong placing a hand on her cheek, and Courtney placing a hand on his shoulder.

--------------------------

Epilogue ending suggested by BriarRose8910. Thank you!
And thank you all for reading this story! I hope you enjoyed it!