Chapter 10

~Late At Night~

Sun Wukong was the only one awake, til something woke up Liuer and Courtney. Before Courtney could say anything about her brother being awake, they both notice Sun Wukong was still awake, looking out the window.

"It's really quiet here..." Liuer says. "I got used to the sounds of the forest, so, it's a little hard to sleep now." He continues, sitting up, still not noticing his sister is also awake.

"Works better for me. You snore anyway, kid." Sun Wukong replies, causing Liuer to chuckle. "That's true. Hey, Great Sage? When Courtney and I find our Shifu, and we get the little one back to her home, where will you go?" Liuer asks, looking up at Sun Wukong.

"Huaguo Hill." Sun Wukong tells him, still looking out of the window.

"Huaguo Hill? I know that place! That's in all the stories! The story says it's green and beautiful, full of trees and flowers and fruits! It's a magical place! And they also say the peaches there are this large!" Liuer rambles on excitedly, but trying to stay quiet, as to not wake anyone up. "Do you believe everything people say?" Sun Wukong asks. Liuer just sits back down, seeming disappointed. Sun Wukong, noticing this, looks over and just tells him, "Actually, peaches as big as your head."

"Huh? Even bigger than this?" Liuer asks, this catching Zhu Baije's attention. "Then, is it far? How do you get there?" Liuer asks, looking back up at Sun Wukong. "Its thousands of miles away." Sun Wukong states simply, looking back out the window.

"It'd take forever!" Liuer says, before laying back down. "But, for a great warrior like you, it's not that far."

Sun Wukong gets happy and exclaims, "I could do it in one jump! Then I-!" But then he notices the thing on his wrist, what's not letting him go back home in the first place, which gets him upset at the thought of that. "At least, I use to."

"Great Sage, you don't need to worry. You'll see- you'll make it home." Liuer starts, catching Sun Wukong's and Courtney's attention.

"As long as you always do your best. If it helps you, I'll pray that you get all your magic powers back." Liuer tells him. To hide how he felt about what Liuer just said, Sun Wukong just tells him, "Thanks a lot, kid. But I doubt it will help. You have no idea what you're talking about. Life can't always be good, and I-" He turns to see Liuer fell back asleep.

Courtney tried to then pretend she was still asleep. She thought it worked when Sun Wukong looked back out the window, but was then proven wrong when he said, "I know you're awake." Before looking back at the thing on his wrist, then mumbling to himself, "Its just a spell..."

Courtney knew she had been caught, so she didn't even try to hide it or deny it. She notices him looking at the thing on his wrist, realizing that's what's keeping him from getting home.

"You must really miss home.." Courtney tells him quietly, not wanting to wake her brother again or the baby girl. Sun Wukong doesn't say anything. Courtney then decides to change the subject and say, "You seem to be good with kids.." She looks over at the baby girl and at her brother. Sun Wukong then turns his head to look back at her.

"I could say the same to you. Though, I guess I learned a thing or two helping take care of the young monkeys back home... What about you?" Sun Wukong asks, sounding curious.

Courtney looks back over at him. She pauses before replying with, "I'm not really sure- I've just been like this for as long as I can remember, but if I had guess, my motherly instincts just became more evident after Liuer and I got separated from our parents..." She pauses again, looking back over at her brother again, before continuing, "Sometimes I just feel more like a mother to Liuer than a sister..."

"I'm sure you'll make a great mother one day.." Sun Wukong mumbles under his breath, hoping she didn't hear him. Courtney looks back over at him, a light blush on her face.

"W-what was that, Great Sage?" She asks. "Uh, nothing... Look we should probably get some sleep." Sun Wukong tells her, hoping she didn't actually catch what he said.