one.

"It's all in your head." My mom would tell me. She never could understand what I was feeling at that time, I don't think anyone could really. Me going through a hard time to her was apparently me just putting up a bratty facade.

All I wanted to do was talk to her, and ever since my dad died she's been like a brick wall. Me and my sister both tried to constantly remind her that she's not alone in all of this, but she continuously thinks she has to fight this battle on her own.

School doesn't help, I hate all my teachers. The only adult in that building that has some decency is my lunch lady Ms. Moston. She has a daughter too, and she always tells me she understands how I feel and that makes her like a second mom to me.

I honestly feel like I'm slipping away.

From the world and from everything else, and there's nothing I can do about it.

__

I walked through the crowded halls. The teachers seriously need to do something about changing schedules instead of mixing every grade together to switch.

I look to my left to see people eating each others faces, when they should be going to class. My stomach turned and my face frowned in disgust.

"Excuse me?" I said, trying to get by. The blonde haired girl scoffed at me. "Go around?"

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Yeah that's pretty hard to do with a thousand people switching at once." "Smart one.." I mumbled. "What did you just say?" She snapped.

"I called u smart one.. And by the looks of this situation you should be able to tell I'm being sarcastic." I shoved her out of my way.

I wasn't about to be late to class for her and her boyfriend because they couldn't wait one period to do that. "Mackenzie, Sarah. Principals office now." Mrs. Royal lectured.

I scrunched up my face. "Are you serious?" She bent down to my eye level. "Yes, now go."
I rolled my eyes. "Bullshit" I thought to myself.

__

I sat down beside the blonde girl that I now dislike. "This is all your fault by the way." I looked at her. "Yeah okay. After this go back to eating your boyfriends face."

"Ladies, enough." Principal Davis says. "I just don't understand why I'm here" I spoke up.

He sighed.

"What happened in the Hallway exactly?" The blonde headed girl spoke first, "Mackenzie ran into me in the hallway for no reason as I was trying to get to class."

The principal shook his head, "yeah no, I find that hard to believe being that you and Brandon have both been out in detention for making out in the hallways. So here's what's going to happen-"

I cut him off. "Glad this is settled, but I have a test in chem and since I'm not in any form of trouble I'm just going to go!" I rushed out the office.

Running down the hallway to C235. I knocked on the door lightly.

The door opens 20 seconds later. "Hello Mackenzie. You're late do you have a note?" I completely forgot to get a note from Principal Davis. I sighed, "I forgot, I'm sorry, but I came from Principal Davis and he can confirm I was there."

She nodded, "sit down please."

-

I finished my chem test with a breeze. I looked to the right of me to see a dirty blonde boy with green eyes looking my way. I widened my eyes as a signal of what he wanted.

He turned back to his paper. I slouched in my seat. "This should be interesting" I thought.