twelve.

[ play song at the top for chapter ] <3
+

I sat down on the concrete letting my feet soak into Johnny's pool. I let out a huge huff of air that I felt like I had held in for too long.

I looked up and saw bodies dancing around and yelling with bottles in their hand. "They haven't changed a bit." I said to myself.

"Who hasn't?" A brunette guy said sitting down next to me.

"Oh no, I was just talking to myself." I said looking down at my feet. "Why aren't you dancing, don't you know anyone here?" He asked scooting closer to me.

I looked up at him. He had dark brown eyes, light pink lips, and dimples that complimented his cheeks. "I mean, I don't really wanna dance. I don't know how." I fake smiled.

He got up and held his hand out. "I'll teach you." He said with a warm smile. I was hesitant.

I looked around to see if Johnny was in sight. He probably ran off with that girl from yesterday. Why should I care about what he thinks anyways?

"Fuck it, sure." I said taking a hold of his hand. He pulled me up with all of his strength.
+
"Be right back, let me get a song playing." He said before smiling and running to the music booth.

He put on"Laura, by Hockey Dad" it was too familiar. "I love this song." I said smiling.

"Just jump up and down have fun." He smiled. He started to move with me. The music felt like it was taking over all of my hearing and I started to feel the beat more.

He grabbed onto my hand and spun me around twice. I was having more fun than I thought..

Was I dancing with a random guy?

.. Yes.

But was I enjoying it?

Yes.
+
The song ended and I fell into his arms laughing. "Thank you for that..." he smiled, "Dylan.. My names Dylan." He started to lean in.

I panicked.

"Mackenzie." A voice said. I turned around.

It was Johnny. "Can I speak to you?" I looked at Dylan. "My friend wants to talk to me, I'll be right back." I smiled genuine.

"Take your time."
+
Johnny grabbed my arm and pulled me inside. "What the fuck are you doing? That hurts!" I yanked my arm away.

"Why were you dancing with him?" He asks me. I shrugged my shoulders, "I can't dance with him?" I asked not understanding.

"You're just so clueless sometimes." He argued. "What the hell do you want me to say Johnny? I don't know what you're trying to get at!"

"Whatever, have fun with your man toy." He said walking past me, our shoulders colliding.

"Johnny wait."
The door slams.
+
I walked back outside after taking a breather. I don't know what Johnny's problem is, I didn't do anything wrong, did I?

"Hey, you're back." Dylan smiled at me. I sat next to him.

"Campfires starting everyone!" A girl called out. We all sat in a circle, some in seats. "Let's play spin the bottle." A girl suggested.

"I'm down." Everyone agrees.
+
"Mackenzie you can go first." Dylan says to me. I look up at Johnny. He looks at me for a split second, avoids eye contact.

I spun the bottle biting my lip. It kept spinning.

It passed Johnny twice.

Just stop.

Stop.

It lands on Dylan.

I look over at him. "Um, I don't know how we're going to-" he cut me off and attached his lips to mine.

I closed my eyes as he held my cheek. He was a really good kisser, but I didn't feel anything. The last person I kissed in forever was Johnny..

It's sad that he's upset with me.
+
I let out of his embrace and lightly touched my lip. Looking up at Johnny his fists were clenched and his eyes looked dark.

"Give me the fucking bottle." He spat. "Damn, take it bitch." Nessa handed it to him.

He spun it and looked at me the whole time. It landed on the last person I'd ever want it to.

Nessa..
+
Johnny leaned in and grabbed the back of Nessa's neck. He kissed her for what felt like hours. "Okay, break it up." A girl next to me said.

"Sorry, it's just one of the best kisses I've had in awhile." He said looking at me. I shook my head, "you're a fucking dick. I said leaving the circle."

"Mackenzie, where are you going?" Dylan spoke. I ignored him and walked inside.

Does he want me to be alive or not. Why does he keep bull shitting me like this. I cant do this, it's too much.

I went back outside to grab my flip flops and my towel. I wrapped it around my neck. Johnny grabbed my arm and pulled me into a corner.

"Why the fuck would you do that. To get back at me? I know I kissed Dylan, but seriously?! You even said that Nessa was the best kiss you had in a long time which obviously means-"

He pulled me in and kissed me slowly but passionately. "Sometimes you just need to shut up. I only said it because I was upset. I don't like Dylan. He's not for you."

I looked up at him.

"And you are?" I asked him. "Maybe.." he kissed my forehead, "Goodnight Kenzie."
+
Back to my house I sat on my bed and sighed. "What a day." I said before turning off my light.

I like Johnny. End of discussion.
+
A/N: Thank you so much for all the love and support my story has been receiving you guys are the best <3