two.

I tried to rush out of the class as soon as I could. Today was a Friday and all I was trying to do was go home for the summer.

You may ask if I have friends? Well quite frankly I kind of don't but I kind of do? I'm not a very communicating person. I don't like talking to people unless it's my sister or my mom.

I sat at the lunch table by myself. Chewing the fries that tasted like they were warmed up in a microwave. I grabbed a napkin and spit them out in disgust. "Ugh" I groaned holding my stomach.

"Not digging the food?" A voice said. I looked next to me. It was the boy from class. "Can I help you?" I asked with slight attitude.

He shook his head. "You just looked lonely"

"I like being lonely." I told him with no feelings at all. Looking through my peripheral vision I could see him just nod and bite his lip.

I was planning on giving up on life pretty soon. It's come to my senses that it's just not for me and I can't stand being here.

That's why I don't communicate with anyone so no one knows my thoughts or can know why I did what I did. I sketched in my book marking that I had twenty days left.

"What is that?" He asked. I lifted my arm and covered it. "I-it's nothing." I said nervously.

He kept looking at it. He grabbed it from under my arm. "Hey! Give it back I don't even know you!"

He looked at me, "shh, you're making a scene."
"I don't give a flying fuck give it back!" I tried to grab it but he held onto my arm as he read.

It was too late.

Why can't he just mind his own business. That wasn't his right to touch my journal and read it. My sister hasn't even seen it and now a random boy is about to?

"Why are you counting down Kenz?" He said softly.

"How do you know my name?" I asked him. "People talk.." I nodded slowly. I remembered what was going on and immediately took my book back.

"You had no business reading that..."

"My names Johnny." He spoke. "But why are you counting down?" I shook my head. "I'm not allowed to say."

"Are you not allowed to, or do you just not want to?" He asked.

"Johnny. I don't want to talk about it. You wouldn't understand." I said quietly.

"Are you trying to commit suicide Kenzie?" I closed my eyes. "Did you have to?" A tear slipped.

"Hey, hey, I didn't mean to.. I'm sorry." He said  rubbing my shoulder. I moved out of his touch.
"I, it's fine."

"Can you walk with me when we leave school today?" He asked.

I looked up at him.

"Why?" I said confused. "I want to make a deal okay? Just please wait for me outside at the end of the day?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "Okay.."

He got up, "thank you."

What did I get myself into..