eight.

Thank you so much for 2k reads ahhh I love you all so much!!!! - A/N
+
[ Play song at the top for this chapter <3 ]
+
The cart started to go up the hill. I closed one eye, while the other was open looking to the side of me.

"Oh my gosh." I started to freak out. Johnny looked at me.

"It's not as bad as you think Kenz. You'll be fine." He said patting my shoulder. My stomach started to twist and turn as we reached the top.

The drop was close.. I felt the cart go to a stop before my heart felt like it was about to come out of my mouth.

"Ahhhhhhh!" I heard Johnny scream while his arms shot up.

"OH MY GOOOOOOOOOD!" I screamed with both of my eyes closed.

My first instinct was to grab on something, and how cliché, I grabbed onto Johnny. I didn't open my eye once.

Johnny kept laughing from all the fun he was having and I was enjoying it, but I didn't let go of him. "Kenz.. the ride is over." He says.

I get up quickly. "Sorry. I was still panicking." I said breathing harder than before.

He shrugs his shoulders. "It's fine. Let's go?" I nodded.
+
"Gosh, why is it so hot today." I said fanning myself. We looked to the left of us and saw a soda stand.

"Yes, drinks." Me and Johnny said in unison.

He just looked at me and smiled. "What do you want?" He asked looking at their drink list. I pulled out my wallet.

"Not so fast! I'm paying for this one." I said giving the cashier my card. "I'll take one blue raspberry slushee. What do you want John?" I said looking at him.

He just stared at me. "Uh, um. I'll get a cherry slushee please." He laughed awkwardly.
+
We sat down at our table talking about our favorite childhood shows.

"No, I watched Little Einstein's before I'd go to school, eat breakfast, and before I went to bed. I'm the ultimate fan." He protested.

"I have all their stuffed animals and I even have the show on disk." I said feeling like a winner.

"Fine you win." He said, playfully rolling his eyes.
+
"Look who it is!" A voice said.

I turned around.. No way.

Adrianna fucking Owens. My freshman bully. The one who made a start to all of my suicidal thoughts.

She made life hell for me.. I thought she was out of my life forever. There's no way she's back.

"Mackenzie Ziegler.. wow. You still look pathetic.. I mean, how did you manage to get a boyfriend, let alone Johnny?" She said.

"He's not my boyfriend." I continued to play with my straw.

"That makes a lot more sense. What did you do? Force him to hang out with you?" She kept nagging at this situation.

"Adrianna, just stop.." Johnny steps in. "She's my friend and we're hanging out, can you please respect that?"

"Makes a lot of sense on why your dad left.. Oh wait, he died.. I think I got the story right?"

I stood up.

"Fuck off!" I screamed in her face, while running towards the bathroom.
+
Johnny's POV.

Mackenzie ran off towards the bathroom. I stood up ready to run after her but I stopped.

"You have no fucking idea what she's been dealing with the past few days. That was disrespectful and uncalled for.." I shook my head and let my shoulder hit hers.
+
I stood outside of the girls bathroom. "Kenz.."

All I could hear was her sniffing. "Johnny, please go away."

I shook my head, "No.." I looked around. "Is the door unlocked?" I asked softly.

"Mhm." She answered.
+
I looked around finding no eyes on me. I hurried myself into the small bathroom.

Kenzie was on the ground with her knees to her chest. Head between her legs as she let her cries out.

I sat down next to her.

"I'm so sorry Mackenzie. I really am. She's a, well she's just a-"

"She's a bitch." Kenzie cut me off. "But maybe I deserved it."

I scoffed in disbelief, "What? No, you did not deserve that. Don't you dare say that... Look at me." She still had her head down. "Kenz.. my face." I said lowly.

She looked up at me.

Her hazel eyes now surrounded by red from her crying.

I held onto her cheek. "You're worth more than you can imagine. You can't let Adrianna, a bully from your freshman year take over your life. I know your dad loves you and misses you, don't listen to her bullshit okay? Please." I pulled her in for a hug.

She started to cry harder.

"Shhh." It's gonna be okay.

"I'm worthless Johnny. Why are you even here with me right now?" She says sniffing.

"I believe in you Kenzie. More than anyone. It'll be okay." I said closing my eyes and leaning my head onto hers.

"I promise."