22. chancla

22. chancla

━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━

"I don't know how long I can do this for."

"Do what?"

"Play this game where I hint that I want to meet you and then you swerve the topic faster than my mom can lift the chancla."

"I'm not sure how I feel about being compared to your mother's abusive weapon of choice."

"You did it again! Why do you do this? The chancla never rejects me. Why can't you be a chancla, Vanessa?"

"I promise the first thing I shape shift into when I gain magical abilities is your mother's disciplinary slipper. And don't call me Vanessa."

"Sorry, Vanessa. I'll only stop if you go out with me."

"Nice to meet you! I'm Vanessa."

"Your loss. You'll never get to see my delectable six pack. Albeit, they're temporarily covered by some protective padding Terry likes to call 'Cheeto Chub', but I assure you, it's only there because people can't handle the sight of the real thing."

"I've always been more of a Dorito gal."

"It's been four months, Nessa. Why aren't you ready?"

"It's been—? Wow."

"Exactly."

"I'm just... not in a very good place in my life right now, Nico. Everything's horrible and... our phone calls are the only thing that keep me going. So if we meet and I'm... not what you wanted, and it ruins this— this thing we have going on, whatever it is, I don't know what I would do. I don't know what I'd do without it."

"...you're an absolute idiot. A real poopy, poop-filled nincompoop, you are."

"Excuse me?"

"You're stuck with me, Nessa. Can't you tell? Did the 106 missed calls from the last two weeks not make it clear enough? Were the past four months of me dropping perverted bombs not subtle enough? I'm not going anywhere."

"...are you sure you're ready? My life's a fucking mess."

"I'm ready for anything so long as you're there with me. I don't think you realise how much I need these phone calls too, Nessa."

"Anyone ever told you you're too smooth for your own good?"

━━━━━━━━

holy moly it's been a hot minute

my life has been so hectic and in the midst this book was just completely neglected i am so sorry guys

i just wanted to thank you guys for your support, i've been getting the sweetest comments ever saying people are actually waiting for my updates??? my heart actually melted

i had no idea people cared that much it means more than u guys know <3

so, here's to this book coming back to life, and to a continuation of nico's uncontrollable hormones.

p.s. we got to #2 in the tag #phone??!!!! dhfgdjshfgkjsdh

you guys are amazing,

xoxo, Sierra