33. longing pt. 2

33. longing pt. 2

━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━

"So, what exactly do you think she's angry at you for?"

"Are you shitting me?"

"I am, in fact, not doing anything excretion related to you."

"I mean... I guess she can't be angry at me for Nif— uh, Jenny being pregnant, because I obviously wasn't the one who did it. And... it can't be that I confessed my feelings for her, because the voicemails she left she say otherwise."

"Voicemails?"

"Yeah, she said we needed time apart to 'figure ourselves out'."

"How specific."

"But she also said she needed the phone calls just as much as I did, and that she didn't hate me."

"So why do you feel like she does?"

"Because I said something I didn't mean."

"Which was...?"

"That... I wanted to be the father of Jenny's child."

"And what made you say something like that if you didn't mean it?"

"I was feeling a lot of things, I liked to think I was over our breakup, but something about hearing her having someone else's child — a pedophile of all people — made me feel more jealous than I ever have in my life."

"Are you sure it was jealousy you were feeling?"

"Yes."

"And you're certain?"

"...No."

"Take your time."

"Responsibility... and confusion."

"What sort of responsibility were you feeling?"

"Responsibility to respond to the news like a jealous ex-boyfriend should, to feel bitterness, anger, and... and longing. And confusion because that's not exactly what I was feeling."

"So you weren't actually feeling any of these things?"

"I was... but not in the way I should have been."

"What do you mean?"

"I was bitter that she found a happy ending when Chewie deserved it more, rather than being bitter that she found a happy ending with someone other than me."

"Chewie is the payphone girl, right? You've used that name before. Continue."

"Right. I was angry that Jenny found it so easy to leave Chewie, to break her and isolate her from the one person she trusted most. I didn't even think about being angry for Jenny leaving me."

"I see... and what about longing?"

"I longed to find the happiness that Jenny found in her relationship."

"With Jenny?"

"No. With Vanessa."

━━━━━━━━

how r yall feeling right now?

Don't forget to vote!

xoxo, Sierra