39. bonus: the porta potty

 bonus: the porta potty

━━━━━━━━

"So, are you gonna finish off that voicemail for me?"

"Uhh... I don't know what you're talking about."

"And I don't know who Dan Humphrey really is."

"I'm serious!"

"Yeah? And I'm a 400-foot tall purple platypus bear with pink horns and silver wings."

"What?"

"Now you don't even get my references? It's Azula, Nessa. Maybe we really weren't meant to be."

"You know who else weren't meant to be? Harry and Ginny. You can't deny Hermione just felt right."

"Don't deflect. You have no idea how long I've been waiting to bring this up again."

"You know what I was going to say."

"But I want to hear you say it. Say 'I, Nessa'—"

"Oh, cmon! Are you seriously going to stay in the public porta potty until I do this? You're going to have permanent chemical burns afflicting all your internal organs."

"I honestly think the last man who downloaded in here must've eaten at least sixteen nuclear bombs. I bet they were juicy too, going from my nose hairs being completely singed off my skin. I never wanted bald nostrils, Nessa, but now I have them."

"So get out of there! We were having such a nice moment celebrating our special day on our spot on the beach."

"Say the words or my eyebrows go bald next."

"Nico..."

"Say it or I spoil the prequel to Gilmore Girls that Netflix released."

"No! Please, I—"

"Rory Gilmore's boyfriend—"

"I was going to say 'If I, Nessa, were being completely, utterly, brutally honest... I think I might even love you!'"

"You think you might?"

"I love you. I love you, Nico. You idiot."

— call ended —

The porta potty door swings open with a satisfied kick and she sees him finally step out, a stupid lopsided grin on his face.

"Happy one year anniversary, Chewie. I love you, too."

She watches as he takes one, two steps closer, eyes shining. He looks at her in the way he knows makes her stomach drop, and it definitely didn't help that the moonlight was doing wonders on his features.

Yet, of course, just when she thought he literally couldn't get hotter, he reaches his arms out and makes a grabbing motion, like a toddler waiting for his mother to pick him up. He tilts his chin down and stares at her through his eyelashes, the cutest pout she'd ever seen.

"Nico want kith."

"Ahh... you couldn't mean from me?"

He nods his head aggressively, grabby hands going faster now. She laughs, and it feels like the kind of laugh she'd always wanted but never had a reason to do. Until him. The audacity of this boy. First threatening her and now a baby pleading for a peck.

She closes the last step between them and loops her arms behind his neck. His hands settle on her waist, and he leans his forehead to hers.

"So... about Jenny's baby shower—"

"Absolutely not. Even Niffy agreed the invite was weird, I think it's best we let them start their new life free from their history."

"It's like we share the same mind."

They smile, and his lips meet hers.

"You smell like shit."

━━━━━━━━

Ta-da!! The bonus chapter you all waited so patiently for.

In the time between the last chapter and this.. my readers have increased almost a hundred fold. it blows my mind. i cannot thank you guys enough for giving this book a chance, and i love you all.

so, until the next book i guess?

see you guys soon <3

xoxo, Sierra