➵ 3 | a promise

➵ ➵ ➵ "i didn't choose to love you

➵ ➵ ➵
"i didn't choose to love you. it just happened."

__________

"renjun...?"

however, soojin mind went from curiosity of the sportie male to worried for her arthead friend, park jisung.  "chae, didnt jisung injure his foot the other day?" she asked as she gently nudged chaeyeon's shoulder.

chaeyeon sighed, "yea, i wonder how he'll do. we told him to let it recover but his stubborn ass didnt listen. typical jisung." with sakura following with,
"well, all we can do is to believe in him. i mean, he's one of the best after all."

soojin nodded as she agreed, but couldn't get rid of the worried feeling in her stomach.

as the music blasted from the speakers, renjun started to dance, and to everyone's amazement, he danced like he was a well seasoned dancer. jisung, who stood in front of the dancing sportie, had his jaw dropped so low that it could have touched the floor.

"what is hAPPENING?!" chayeon cried out in shock but to no reply as the artheads' couldn't believe what they were seeing- even soojin.

the sporties cheered louder than they had ever cheered throughout the whole day. finally, it was jisung's turn. even though he was injured, he still countered back powerfully and ended up winning, but only by a small margin.

"omg... who was that?"

"woah that renjun kid was good"

"did u see that sportie dance?" the artheads buzzed among themeselves after the battle, both shocked and impressed.

in the end, the artheads were victorious in the dance battles as the best male dancer, chittaphon, more commonly known as ten, won the boys' battle. 

it had been an exciting morning, and was time for the other events. the students streamed out of the dance studio, excited for what was to come in the other events.

soojin was about to take a step outside the studio when she felt a familiar feeling of being stared, only to turn around and see renjun, staring at her again, but looking away, once their eyes locked.

the campus was bathed in the orange-pinkish tint of the sunset, which could be seen in all of its splendour through the rouned glass panes of the bridge that connected the art and sport faculties. swarms of 100th batch artheads were crossing the bridge from the sport faculty after the last event of the geminus celebration- the taekwondo competition.

as soojin, chaeyeon and sakura were strolling along the bridge, the 3 were immersed in a conversation on the events of the day.

"honestly, today was pretty predictable, don't ya think?- the sporties won the sport events and we won the art events. wasn't really too interesting." chaeyeon said, following it with a yawn.

"well, it wasn't that bad. the dance battles were sooo exciting and not to mention- the basketball matches!..." soojin and chaeyeon facepalmed at the same time, already knowing what their boy-crazy friend was about to say. "...jaehyun was SO hot!" sakura continued in a dreamy tone.

"ugh, what do you even see in him? and besides, he's a sportie. we're not supposed to get together with any of them. don't you remember what happened?" chaeyeon retorted.

"ah" was the word that popped into soojin's head after hearing what chaeyeon had said. the matter that broke the bond between the 100th batch artheads and sporties- what started all the rivalry and hate.

february 13, the memories were fresh in everyone's minds. a sportie had cheated on an arthead and that didn't settle well among the arthead side. as cliché as it may be, they thought of one another as family, despite not knowing one another for the longest time. the discussion ended with a harsh "no one from the art faculty should ever get together with someone from the sport faculty ever again."- and everyone agreed to it. no one wanted to have their hearts broken after all.