➵ 9 | jeno confronts

➵ ➵ ➵ "i'm glad you werea  part of my life

➵ ➵ ➵
"i'm glad you were
a part of my life."

__________

after the tiring yet fulfilling dance class, renjun and soojin called an uber to pick them up and get them back to the school.

while in the uber, soojin yet out a loud yawn and soon after, fatigue got the best of her and her eyes started to slowly close. finally, her eyes closed shut and her breathing steadied.

while soojin was in her slumber, her head unconsciously began to tilt to her right and landed softly on renjun's shoulder.

renjun's body tensed up upon the unexpected contact, but quickly went back to its relaxed state.
as he peeked down at soojin's sleeping face, he found himself lost in admiring her features.
her closed eyes emphasised her naturally long and luscious lashes, perfect nose and pinkish, soft lips. part of her long smooth dark hair draped over his shoulder and he had to fight the urge to touch it.

forcing himself to stop staring at the sleeping beauty, "i- what's wrong with me?" he thought.

ever since they danced a couple of hours ago, no- even right after their café episode, he had been subconsciously thinking about the girl. the thought of spending more time with soojin, dancing more with her, going to more cafés with her, and even merely just having more random chats with her, made him feel something inside.

renjun had never met a girl like soojin. other girls he had any form of interaction with obviously were interested in him only because of his looks or and popularity. it wasn't uncommon to find girls demanding to date him before even having conversations with him, before even getting to know him.

but soojin, she treated him like any other person. she hung out with him not because of his looks or his popularity- and he liked it that way.

however, he couldn't help feeling bitter at the thought of being friends forever.
"could it be... that i lik-"
renjun couldn't continue being caught up in his thoughts as the uber driver stopped outside the school gates.

renjun then felt soojin's head leave his shoulder as she sat up, still sleepy.

after stepping foot into the grand foyer, soojin softly said, while rubbing her eyes, "hey, thank you so much for inviting me to the studio today. it was really fun- let's go again next time!"

"yea, we should! anyway, you should go get some sleep now. you look really tired. come on, i'll walk you back.", renjun offered.

too tired to decline the kind offer, soojin nodded her head, and headed up the grand staircase to her dorm with renjun.

"well, we're here. i'll get back now. today was really great and i'm glad i asked you to go with me. good night!", renjun said after reaching soojin's dorm.

as the two smiled and said their goodbyes, soojin closed the door and renjun started to walk in the direction of the sport faculty. somewhere along the way, he heard the faint sound of footsteps following him. renjun whipped around, to see jeno standing behind him, stopping in his tracks.

jeno's eyes bore right into renjun's fiercely. there was an odd air of tension surrounding the two.

after what seemed like hours of silence, jeno initiated, somewhat coldly with, "can we talk?"

"i need to get back to my dorm now to settle something.", renjun lied with a blank face, not wanting to talk to jeno.

he didn't like the boy- he had noticed jeno staring at himself and soojin during the dance class rather coldly and had even caught jeno glaring at him.

when jeno didn't reply, renjun turned around and walked away nonchalantly.

"you like her, don't you?"

jeno's words made renjun stop in the middle of the hallway, "do i?"
he bit his lip, not knowing how he should answer. a few silent seconds passed by, until renjun's answer, "i don't know."

"it wouldn't be good if you two were to be together. you know what we think of you sporties. her friends will abandon her and she'll be hated- maybe even you too. do you really want that to happen?"

"that's not really the reason why you don't want us to be together, isn't it?"

"huang renjun, i like her too."

renjun slightly turned his head towards jeno, and shot him an angry glare, before walking away, not looking back.

(a/n :  heyooooo i'll try to update as much as i can but i've been really stressed and busy. i'm going to aim for at least a new chapter each week!! :D )