➵ 12 | end, kiss

➵ ➵ ➵ "i think about you more than i should

➵ ➵ ➵
"i think about you
more than i should. "

__________

a week had flew past.

soojin's longing for renjun still remained.

it was the same for renjun too.

it was starting to become

unbearable

for the both of them.

at the dance studio

soojin breathed a sigh of relief as she set her eyes on the empty studio. she chose to go there, not to dance, but to just be alone, to experience some peace which she wouldn't be able to get in the noisy cafeteria.

the past week had been rough. she couldn't focus during lessons, she wasn't as attentive during dance classes and she wasn't as bubbly as before.

all because of renjun.

she sat down on the cold floor, and closed her eyes.

"how long must this go on for? when can everything go back to how it used to be?"

after what seemed like hours, she heard the light creaking of the glass door opening. she eyes shot open in annoyance, not wanting to leave the studio and find somewhere else to go to.

as she turned her head towards the door, ready to snap at whoever entered, she realised, it was the person she had longed to see, the one she had missed so much.

huang renjun.

both pairs of eyes locked for a second.

renjun sat down beside soojin in silence. both of them had so many things they wanted to say, but none knew where or how to start.

like soojin, renjun didn't want to deal with people and thought of the dance studio as the perfect escape place. he sure wasn't expecting soojin to be there.

"i miss you."

"i've been thinking about you."

"i like you."

finally, renjun bit his lip, "i've been thinking about you, about us.", he paused, hesistating.

"you know, i never expected us to ever hang out, or get close, or even be friends. i didn't think the result of you losing your phone and screaming at me, would be this. but... whenever i'm not with you, i'm thinking of you. and whenever i'm with you, i get this feeling that i can't even describe. it's been really tough acting like nothing happened between us, pretending to smile."

she felt the same way.

the exact same way.

she missed him so much.

"i didn't think i could fall for someone so fast but,

soojin, i like you."

turning her head to renjun, her eyes bore into his,

"renjun, i like you too. i like you alot."

upon hearing soojin's reply, renjun was slightly shocked. he had braced himself for the worst- rejection.

without saying anything, renjun's palm found it's way to soojin's soft cheek and slowly but surely, he leaned in, eyes focused on her pinkish lips.

they were inches apart from each other, and the suspense was tugging at soojin.

she wanted to kiss him.

finally, the inch of space between them was no more as renjun place his lips on soojin's. their eyes closed, as they shared a loving kiss. they had so many things to say, but it was as if all those were conveyed and expressed to each other by that single kiss. they both could feel each other's longing for each other, how much they truly liked each other.

when they broke apart,

"renjun, i've missed you so much." soojin muttered as she pulled renjun into a tight hug.

renjun smiled, "soojin, no matter what happens in the future, we'll get through it. i'll help you get through it. i promise. would you be my girlfriend?"

soojin's lips curved up into a genuine smile, something that she hadn't been able to do for a while.

she knew everything couldn't be sugary sweet, especially some of her friendships, but her heart and her brain told her that like renjun said, they'll get through it.

"of course i'll be your girlfriend, i've been wanting to for a while now.", soojin's eyes curved up into a creaent shape as she smiled once again as she took renjun's hand into her's.

renjun and soojin.
romeo and juliet.

did their tale end up a tragedy?

no, it didn't :)

end