➵4 | lost phones

➵ ➵ ➵ "we had the right love at the wrong time

➵ ➵ ➵
"we had the right love at
the wrong time."

__________

sakura fell silent for a moment before saying "yea, you're right. but why can't we get over this? not all sporties are like that jerk."

"sakura, you don't understa-"

"well, some really interesting stuff happened today too! remember that sportie who went up against jisung?" soojin hastily interrupted, not wanting an argument to stir up.

"oh! that renjun kid, right? who knew a sportie could dance like that?"

after the 3 artheads crossed the bridge to the other side of the campus, they made their way to the art lounge to pick up some snacks.

at the art lounge

chaeyeon and sakura plopped down on the soft blue couch, while soojin went to get snacks for the hungry group.

when all 3 were seated on the couch, chaeyeon suddenly brought up "soojin-ah, did you see how was jeno looking at you while you were dancing? he practically had hearts in his eyes." with a sly smirk plastered on her face.

"oh shut up." soojin retorted, embarrassed.

"he totally likes youuuu," sakura chimed in, in a teasing, sing-song voice. seeing soojin blush and get shy over jeno was entertaintment for her 2 best friends, who had started bursting into laughing.

after almost an hour of endless laughing and teasing, the group decided to head back to their dorms. soojin then put her hand inside her pocket to find her phone, only to find... well, air.

"GUYS! I CAN'T FIND MY PHONE!"

"i must have left it in the taekwondo stadium or the bleachers at the basketball court! i'll have to back and get it now!" soojin exclaimed in exasperation. when soojin pictured the dark, eerie hallways,

it was at this moment, soojin knew, she had royally fucked up. :)

"are you sure you don't need us to go with you?"

"no, it's alright, you guys should go back to the dorm first and get some sleep!"
despite chaeyeon and sakura's offers to accompany soojin to find her phone, soojin kept declining and insisted on going by herself, for she knew that her 2 friends were exhausted.

"we'll be going back to the dorm now, come back soon!"

"yea, don't be back after 12! remember the beheaded ballerina!"

"oh chaeyeon, stop! you're scaring her!" sakura reprimanded as she and chaeyeon turned around in the direction of the art faculty dorms.

as soojin made her way to the taekwondo stadium, she remembered the tale of the
'beheaded ballerina' -
the ghost of a ballerina with no head, who roamed around the school, and would "punish" students who didn't weren't at their dorms by 12am. what would happen to the students who got caught?
no one knows, no one wanted to know.

at the taekwondo stadium

"you.have.to.be.kidding.me.right.now." after countless minutes of searching around the place where she had sat for the taekwondo competition, soojin had to accept the fact that her phone wasn't there and had to seach for it in the basketball court.

"crap, why is it so damn dark?" soojin silently cursed under her breath. she had to cross a hallway to reach the basketball court and it was darker than she thought it would have been. after a few more minutes of nerves and apprehension, soojin found herself at the basketball court.

at the basketball court

soojin's eyes roamed around, searching for a light switch, but to no avail.

"ugh, i guess i'll just have to do this without light." soojin internally groaned. she proceeded to take a few more steps forward, until she felt something slippery underneath her, which made her lose her footing and fall to the ground with a loud thud.

"WHO'S THERE? WHAT'S THAT? IS THAT THE BEHEADED BALLERINA- DID I JUST SLIP ON ITS DROOL? PLEASE DON'T KILL ME I'M STILL YOUNG I STILL WANT TO DANCE I STILL WANT A BOYFRIEND AND KIDS I STILL HAVE STUPID FRIENDS TO TAKE CARE OF I JUST WANTED MY DAMN PHONE-"

"...what? your shouting is the only thing that's scary here."