➵7 | not a café date

➵ ➵ ➵ "the hardest thing to do is to watch the one you love, love somebody else

➵ ➵ ➵
"the hardest thing to do is to watch the
one you love, love somebody else."

__________

at the cafeteria

to make soojin's mood even worse, the cafeteria which normally had tables decked with every type of food and drink that students could choose from, including the 'best pancakes ever' according to soojin, only had a plates of pathetic, 'looked-like-they-were-left-out-overnight' french toast and a pack of instant coffee, a vast difference from the school's regular 'higher-quality-than-you' coffee- also according to unofficial food critic soojin.

"don't tell me i'll have to go to a café outside." soojin internally groaned. it wasn't that soojin had a grudge against cafés, but it was just that she couldn't stand the mere thought of being in a café alone where she knew there would be lovey-dovey couples everywhere.

before soojin was about to head back to her room to starve for 3 days, she saw a familiar face from the corner of her eye.

huang renjun, in a yellow hoodie and jeans, coincidentally similar to her own getup, strolling into the cafeteria. then it hit her- she could go to a café with renjun.

"hUaNGGgGg rENJUuuUN!" soojin shouted from across the cafeteria to renjun as she skipped towards him.

"soojin you sound like a drunkard."

"shut up boi."

"woah that's rude, owl girl."

soojin rolled her eyes at the boy, but nevertheless continued, "are you free?"

"why? asking me out on a date?"

soojin shot renjun a death glare, looking ready to slit his throat.

"listen, i have no intention of eating a sad lookin piece of french toast on a morning with no school. i'm really hungry and if i don't eat soon i'm going to combust. so can you follow me to a café for breakfast?"

renjun stared at her, surprised at the sudden request.
"sure."

so soojin and renjun exited the school gates and went on a journey to find a café.

"i can't believe this. it's a weekday and isn't our school the only one near this place with no school today? why are all the cafés packed?" soojin cried out in frustration.

a huge neon pink sign which spelt out the words

"L O V E   C A F É ❤️",

with a smaller sign underneath it that read

"have a romantic café experience with your special someone😉"

was what greeted the pair at the entrance of the only café that had available spaces. the two stood outside in silence, contemplating on what to do.

"oh come on, almost everyone's at home, no one we know will see us. i'm really hungry! let's just go in." soojin pleaded renjun, even though she knew that getting caught hanging out with a sportie, especially in a love café, would get her in trouble with the rest of the artheads.

"well... fine. I just hope no one will think we're like, dating or something." renjun finally gave in.

after devouring a meal of blueberry pancakes, soojin asked,
"so, why are you still staying at school? most students have already went home."

renjun shrugged, "my parents are overseas for some business trip and they brought my sister to my uncle's. no one's at home."

"what? really? my parents are on a business trip too!" soojin said, surprised at their similar situation.

renjun and soojin then found themselves engrossed in conversations about everything from basic things like themselves to stranger topics like leprechauns.

"you know, I've been thinking, the studio i dance at is organizing a class tomorrow- the instructor is a good friend of mine and is basically forcing me to go. the thing is, if you're going to attend the class, you're going to need a partner that doesn't go to the studio. i don't really know any dancers from outside my studio soo, could you go with me? i don't have anyone else to ask." renjun explained, hesitating a little.

to renjun's surprise, soojin immediately agreed with an excited grin on her face. she loved going to dance classes outside to learn new routines and have fun. besides, she didn't have anything planned the next day anyway.

after an hour or two, soojin and renjun decided that it was time to get back to the campus. when soojin excused herself to go to the restroom, a waitress went up to their table to clear their plates and coffee mugs.

at the same time, she shot a warm smile at renjun and said, "i hope you've enjoyed your date here, you two make a really cute couple.", leaving renjun blushing mess and at a loss for words.