04

Sungjae is almost done bandaging Joy's legs, it was a relief that the shot wasn't deep so there was no need for a surgery. And she didn't want to anyway. The nurses left already after Sungjae told them he can do the bandaging himself.

There's so many things that he wanted to ask her about her wound and the two woman she was with who's wearing the same suit as hers. Just what has she been up to?

"You need to rest until your wound heals so you can't go to your job for awhile." He said to her and Joy nodded. Sungjae looked at her frustratedly. "You're not taking this seriously."

Joy just shrugged and was about to get up when Sungjae stopped her by the shoulder. "Where are you going?"

She looked around then looked back at him. "I'm done here right? I'm going home." She said stating the obvious.

"Are you really Joy that I know? Why don't you care about yourself a little bit more?"

Joy gasped and stared with eyes wide open him, she can't believe she's hearing this from him. "And are you the Sungjae I know? Since when did you start to care about whether I take care of myself or not?" She retorted back. Her head is starting to ache plus the wound on her leg. She just wanted to change her clothes then lie down on the bed without a care in the world.

Sungjae was taken aback of her reply. But what she said was true, since when did he start caring about her?

"I don't have the energy to argue with you so please, just let me go home." She said to him.

Sungjae just realized that she looks worn out and tired especially with her bandaged leg, she must have wanted to wash up. She looks beat.

He sighed, giving up. He walked towards a locker and took a folded wheel chair. He adjusted it infront of her.

"Sit here."

"I'm not invalid. I can still walk."

"Do you want to sit here and go home? or get admitted? choose one." Sungjae asked her.

Joy rolled her eyes. "Fine." she muttered and stood up with one leg and hold on to the side of the wheel chair for support before sitting up, Sungjae didn't help her because she was already writhing with anger so he just stood still while holding the back of the wheel chair.

Sungjae directed her outside and the two nurses went to them meaning to take Sungjae's place but he held his hand up.

"I can take this." The nurses looked at each other then bowed at him before they left.

"I don't know what ate you but you don't have to act nice." She said with a cold tone.

Sungjae looked down on the top of her head. Didn't he ever acted nice towards her in the past? No, he can't recall a thing. All he remembered was when he rejected her all the time and took her feelings for granted but then is she really even serious about him?

Sungjae saw the two girls who were with Joy talking with Hyunsik hyung infront of the front desk, the conversation looked serious.

"...then I'll hold it to you to make it confidential." The girl who looks like the oldest because of her stern face unlike the other one said to Hyunsik.

When they saw Joy and Sungjae approaching they stopped talking.

Sungjae frowned. Is there something that he shouldn't know?

"You're not that disabled to walk, do you?" Irene said to Joy who immediately stood up from the wheel chair.

"No maam." Joy is already used to Irene's commanding tone but Sungjae isn't.

His frown deepened. Why are they acting so firmly? Like they are trained-- he looked at Joy when he realized something, she got a gunshot wound, the thing about confidentiality, suits...

Joy is a bodyguard?

He stared at her but she's just looking at her leader. Her gaze is hard, without any getleness in them like he used to see.

"Let's go." Irene said and went ahead with Seulgi who bowed at Hyunsik and Sungjae without helping Joy.

Joy followed the two but was stopped by Sungjae.

"Sit down."

Joy shake her head. "It's okay. I really am fine. This wound is nothing." She said and left.

Sungjae was left staring at her struggling to walk while he's still  holding the wheel chair. He gripped the holder because his body just won't move and do what it wants.

All the memories of her are slowly vanishing. It clenched his heart that from a cheerful, picky and sophisticated Joy that he knows is now gone. It's like all the laughter has gone away from her.

He thought that she's somewhere out there doing the job that she likes which is taking care of dogs, he didn't expect that she'd turn 180 degrees and do a job he hardly thought she can do.

"Independent women huh..." Hyunsik said beside him while looking where the three women left, Sungjae looked at him. "Women like them don't want a man."

"Why?"

Hyunsik looked at him. "Because their job is dangerous? Well, I don't think that's the case for you. Just a piece of advice, you better rather not have something do with them, you'll get your heart broken." he said tapping his shoulder before leaving Sungjae.

Because she likes someone else that's why. Because she doesn't like him anymore. And even if his hyung tell him not to get his heart broken,

it's no use because he is already.

Heart broken.