20

"Did you fight?"

Sungjae turned to Yeri who was not looking at him but to the woman who Sungjae is looking earlier. Joy.

Seems like Yeri have no intention on looking at him so Sungjae turned his gaze towards Joy again who was playing with the kids on the beach.

No, they didn't fight but it's only a matter of time they do, he's on his edge now. 3 days at the beach gave him a vision of what Joy is really like, at work or not, she's still doing her job.

"Not your business kid." Was his only answer.

Yeri chuckled. "You're really the same with unnie, you always make me feel like a kid."

Sungjae grinned. "Because you are."

"Then why aren't the two of you talking to each other? It's been a day you know, unnie haven't spoken a word to me."

Sungjae turned to her this time facing his body to Yeri. Grinning, he ruffled her hair. "Don't worry, we can fix this."

Yes, they can fix it if Joy cooperates with him. He's unreasonable, he knows that but he likes her too much that he's sensitive where she's concerned.

He started being cold toward her yesterday and she knew why and yet, none of them made the move to talk to each other because they've been at it last time and he ended up hurting her. Though it was a relief that she forgave him, it certainly added a wall between them. He was thinking that both of them know what will happen if they end up talking about the topic.

That's why he's only looking at her now even from afar and it didn't help that she's wearing a pale brown bikini, her curves visible for all the young bachelors there at the beach to see, maybe even a few who have wives were all looking at her. He doesn't even think that a saint could possibly ignore her body, he was just glad that no one made a move to approach her.

Sungjae's eyes narrowed when he saw a guy younger than him, maybe around yeri's age approached his girlfriend. The guy wasn't bad looking but his eyes say he's notorious around girls, that's what makes him dangerous.

His stare narrowed, even more, when Joy smiled back at the guy.

Now she's done it.

If the situation isn't that serious, Yeri would have laughed out loud at Sungjae's jealous expression and watched him went to her sister with big stride to claim his property. Maybe he was too jealous to say goodbye to her.

Oh well, as long as unnie is happy with him.

And Sungjae oppa looks so smitten with her sister that Yeri doubted that he will dump her. With that thought, she turned around and walked back to the beach house where Joy and Yeri's parents are staying.

"Pardon?" Joy sat straight and looked at the guy who approached her. She's having fun playing with the kids when a random guy broke her fun but she smiled as a sign of respect.

"I asked your name." Joy saw the guy stared at her from head to toe but it lasted longer to her chest. She internally rolled her eyes.

Kids

She was about to answer in a mockery tone when someone answered on her behalf.

"Sungjae, the name is Yook Sungjae."

Joy and the guy turned to Sungjae who is walking towards them, he stopped beside her placing his hand at her lower back. His hand warm on her bare skin.

Joy looked up to her boyfriend but he wasn't looking at her but to the guy in front of them. One day of not talking to each other left Joy a lot of space of thinking. She knew what he was thinking but she can't open the topic to him. She loves her work so much and she hoped that he'd understand that.

Since the day they arrived there at the beach, she didn't know how many times she helped people from drowning, Girls being taken advantage of and even stopping a fight between men. It wasn't her line of work but her instinct just told her that, she was used to it. Like what they said it's called 'job sickness', though you might ask what part? she doesn't know.

Her attention went back to the present. She can't focus on the situation with Sungjae's hand on her waist, holding her still but not tightly. It was warm and hot and her mind immediately drifted what it was like when he held her. And there, her pelvis churned with need, for him.

Oh gosh. We're not okay but I can't help thinking about him. I'm in a big trouble.

She wanted those warm large hands all over her...

"I was just asking for her name, no need to be aggressive man." the younger guy said.

"There's no reason for you to know her name so get lost."

The younger guy just shrugged his shoulder before leaving both of them but not without giving Joy a wink that she just cringed at what the guy did.

When the guy was out of sight, Sungjae let go of her though his body didn't want to. He turned his body to her, placing his hands on the hem of his shirt and lifted it on his head.

"What-" Joy was about to ask her why he suddenly stripped his shirt off when he took a step towards her and made her wore his shirt. Joy was puzzled but felt her body went warm all over with his action, her heart skipped a beat.

She just stared at him as he took her arms so they could slip from the holes of his shirt. When Sungjae was done he stared down at her. 

"No more bikinis from now on, you understand?" He said in a stern voice.

A smile crept on her face. "Does that mean we're okay now?"

"No." he answered but took her hand and started to walk. Joy was confused, then why is he holding her hand? Then he continued answering to the question in her mind. 

"...But guys are staring at you and we still have an unfinished argument, of course I don't want you to think that you could entertain men other than me."

Joy grinned widely, circling her arms around his and leaned her head to his bare shoulder.

"You're cute when you're jealous."

So many firsts for both of them. It may be about work or about their relationship, Joy prayed that moment if they could stay together for a long time.

From afar, the silhouettes of the two can be seen as the sun goes down and as their trip together ends, look forward to the time they are together... as well as apart.